Do you worry about your home when you are away?
For us we are lucky that our home is looked after by the older kids when we are away, but we still worry about whether everything is safe and secure.
Y-cam Solutions, a leader in smart home security since 2007, has two simple solutions to help you keep your home safe while you are away on holiday.
Y-cam provides a range of solutions including Wi-Fi enabled cameras that offer premium, affordable video monitoring to help users protect their property and loved ones.
Y-cam solutions can be positioned around the home to let users know what’s happening when they’re not there and offer a fully-managed cloud recording service, with the last seven-day video history being stored securely offsite for free, ensuring the camera is all you need for added peace of mind.
The award-winning range delivers the ultimate peace of mind and the simple hassle free set up means you can quickly get an Evo camera and Protect alarm monitoring your home in minutes.
Y-cam Evo has all the important features that ensure you can see, hear or replay video footage whenever you need it.
- Complete Visibility – Evo lets you see and hear what’s happening at your property wherever you are, from your smartphone or tablet.
- Motion Zones – can be set to suit your needs. Capture any movement in particular areas such as front door or ground floor windows, at any time of day or night.
- Simple Set-up – Designed to be super easy to set up and use. Just follow the step by step app guide and in minutes your home is protected. Particularly suitable for people with no technical knowledge.
- Instant Alerts – Receive instant alerts 24/7 wherever you are whenever motion is detected so you can take immediate action.
- Live action or replay – Watch live footage or recorded videos. Police rely heavily on private CCTV footage to help catch and convict criminals.
Protect – DIY Alarm System
Protect is a flexible, hassle-free way to monitor your property and ensure your family feels safe and secure. Protect has been designed to deliver peace of mind 24/7 and help you look after what matters most. Protect features include:
- Hassle free simple set up – Designed so that no technical knowledge is required to be up and running in minutes.
- Total control – providing access at your fingertips anywhere, anytime. Arm and disarm your alarm through your smartphone or tablet with Y-cam’s free iOS and Android app
- Instant alarm notifications to your smartphone – Y-cam Protect gives you the information you need so you can take appropriate action no matter where you are.
- 24/7 line monitoring – Around one in five burglars will attempt to cut communication lines before breaking in; Y-cam Protect has a secure communication line to the outside world which is monitored 24 hours a day using Y-cam’s unique cloud technology and experienced engineers, ensuring you are notified whenever the line is down.
- Triple Layer™ Security –With SIM card backup, Internet backup and 8 hour battery backup, your Y-cam Protect system remains fully operational, even if your internet connection is down or you have a power cut.
The motion and door / window sensors are battery powered and should last a year before needing replacements, working just like a traditional home alarm system which detects any motion, which means it can be triggered by pets as well as people. The motion and window/door sensors are wireless and come with sticky pads, making them easy to install, even for a technofobe like me.
You can connect up to 32 sensors and 8 fobs. Additional motion sensors cost £24.99; door/window sensors and fobs cost £19.99 each, so it is a bit disappointing to only get one in the box. As well as being able to fully arm the house, there’s a ‘home’ arming button which enables only the door/window sensors only.
I also love that I can arm and disarm the system with my Amazon Alexa too.
To get the best out of the service you also have to pay a monthly subscription fee to use the SIM, which costs £5.99 per month or £59.99 per year. This is called the Plus service and it gets you app alerts when using the SIM, but also text messages when the alarm is triggered.
The Y-Cam Protect is a good system but I think I prefer the option of linking it with the Evo system so I can check the camera’s too.
The Y-Cam Protect costs £149 and is available online from Y-Cam Solutions.
Disclaimer: We were provided with the Y-Cam Protect for the purpose of a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.