Barbecue Party from Drumond Park (rrp £19.99, age 4+) is the perfect game for playdates, holidays and visits to the grandparents. It’s all about anticipation, nerve and dexterity – where children do their best to remove or place different ‘foods’ on the barbecue grill, depending on the card they have picked. But when the grill is inadvertently shaken or the load gets too heavy, the food dramatically catapults into the air!
The first child to collect three (or four, depending on what is decided at the beginning of the game) matching cards and pieces of food is the winner.
The box contains one barbecue with a grill cover for the food and food for the grill: 2 x chicken drumsticks, 2 hot dogs, 2 tomatoes, 2 peppers, 2 corn on the cob, 2 fish, 2 mushrooms, 2 brocoli, tongs and 17 cards.
The game takes very little preparation other than sticking the eyes on all the food, which the kids enjoyed doing themselves and then they got stuck in.
I did think the game would be too easy at first and Eliza was first to collect some food, but as the grill got more piled up with food the heavier is became and then “Ping” – the grill popped off sending all the food falling to the floor. Once it had gone once, it seemed to ping off more often and the giggles got louder on each occasion.
As there were two older children playing, they had to collect four pieces of food and the little ones only three and I am pleased to report that one of the four-year-olds won the first game and they were all eager to play again and again!
If you fancy playing Barbecue Party yourself, the lovely team at Drumond Park have given me another game to giveaway to one lucky reader.
- Fill in the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
- Please read the rules below
- Closing Date: 16th August 2015
- If there is no form hit refresh (F5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – Leave a comment**
- Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries via twitter
- Terms and Conditions can be found in the Rafflecopter form below
More competitions at www.theprizefinder.com – See more at: http://www.theprizefinder.com/content/httpchelseamammacouk201507win-barbecue-party-drumond-park#sthash.P9sb9VlW.dpuf