The United States truly does boast some of the most spectacular national parks in the world.
For the nature lover, they are ideal places to spend a holiday. That being said, it is important to budget the proper amount of time to truly enjoy these places as a tourist from the UK, because many of them are quite remote and take a substantial amount of time to get to.
Additionally, British tourists should plan ahead regarding what kind of money they will need to exchange from GBP to USD. For example, taking a glance at the pounds to US Dollars exchange rate before departing will help British travellers buy USD at the best price possible before arriving in the United States. So taking a look at the holiday money rates before departing is actually a good idea.
Consider the following seven places for British tourists that are nature lovers to enjoy while visiting the United States:
The Ideal 7 Places for British Tourists
- Grand Canyon: The Grand Canyon is a travel destination that is ideal for British tourists. The site is not far from Las Vegas, which makes it an easy international airport to arrive to for getting to the Grand Canyon. In fact, there are many day tours to the Grand Canyon or overnight options for those that enjoy camping. For picturesque views and the change to experience one of America’s s best sites, it is absolutely worth a visit to the Grand Canyon for kayaking on the Colorado River and riding donkeys up the side of the canyon.
- Yellowstone: Even though Yellowstone is one of America’s more difficult parks to get to, Yellowstone offers some of the best scenery America has to offer. The glaciers that one is able to see at Yellowstone along with the wildlife creates a memorable holiday. Lastly, there are wonderful and diverse camping options that are available in Yellowstone for the more adventurous nature lover to enjoy while on holiday.
- Kauai: Hawaii is a very unique part of the United States in that it is one of the only places that one is able to see volcanoes. Nature lovers will be able to take a helicopter tour over the volcanoes. Additionally, Kauai in particular offers some of the best beaches in Hawaii. For nature lovers who adore everything from camping to enjoy the surf to the deluxe resort with spectacular views, will greatly adore spending time in Kauai for a holiday.
- Jackson Hole: Jackson Hole is a place in the United States that many different international tourists tend to miss. The reason for this is that Jackson Hole is in Wyoming, which has a great deal of natural beauty. Grand Teton National Park is stunning for travellers to enjoy. There are very distinct retreats to enjoy there for nature lovers that have spas built in as well. This is a great idea for an extended holiday that is over one week in length for travellers from England to consider.
- Yosemite: Yosemite truly has it all for a nature lover to experience. There are incredible hiking opportunities to enjoy sites such as Half Dome. In addition, there are world famous Sequoia trees to visit that are some of the largest in the world. Yosemite has picturesque drives, fishing opportunities, outdoor camping, and much more for travellers to enjoy. Just make sure you take a longer lasting reel. Additionally, the park is not far from San Francisco, which makes it quite easy to get to from destinations around the globe.
- Juneau: Juneau is delightful for everything from seals to glaciers. For the nature lover that enjoys a mix of wildlife along with geographic wonders, Juneau is a fantastic place to spend one’s vacation. There are many cruises of Alaska that include Juneau, which make it quite accessible for nature lovers to get to and then create their own holistic travel plans upon arrival.
- California Pacific Coast Highway: As soon as one passes Los Angeles, California has some stunning coast line along the Pacific Coast Highway. The best way to see the Pacific Coast Highway is to rent a car in Los Angeles and then make your way up to Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterrey, and Carmel. Along the way, you will have the chance to go surfing, camping, hiking, and wine tasting while witnessing some of California’s most beautiful scenery. For travellers from England, this is one of the most popular routes to explore in the United States due to its incredible beauty.
A Brief List of What to Bring with You When Traveling to the United States
Depending on the nature of what you will be doing in the United States, it is essential that you have the proper footwear. A mix of hiking boots, trainers, and flip flops is vital to be able to enjoy the unique experiences available in America’s National Parks. In terms of camping, you will be better off going to a local shop and investing in your own equipment. Shops such as Target or REI have affordable camping gear that you do not have to bring back to England after your trip. In terms of outerwear, having a fleece in America’s National Parks along with a light weight water proof windbreaker is vital in the Summer and Fall. In Winter, it is best to invest in a down jacket and thermals. Lastly, it is wise to bring sunglasses, bug repellent and sunscreen for the warmer months since many of America’s National Parks have intense sun and many mosquitoes.
Final Remarks on the Subject
In sum, America has many wonderful places for British travellers to enjoy. What is important is to change your GBP to USD before you arrive in the United States. Doing so will allow you to get the best possible rate while you are traveling in the United States. Additionally, having an awareness of the current pounds to US Dollars exchange rate in the United States will permit you to have the best possible economic way to buy USD whilst you are on holiday. Remember that many of America’s best National Parks are more accessible than most British citizens realize. The key to having a successful holiday is to allow more than one week to truly experience what spectacular natural sights await you.
Image Credit: Shutterstock.com