At Ecover, they love their super-effective, natural laundry range but understand that us Mum’s don’t share their passion for carrying out the laundry routine.
In our house it feels like a never-ending cycle of separating colours, whites and delicates, checking labels, never mind sorting, folding, ironing and hunting down the mismatched socks. It is so time-consuming and my most hated household chore.
Whilst Ecover cannot free me from my laundry duties they are ready to share some of their knowledge and simple ways to take the drudgery out of the laundry and the load faster, smarter and more environmentally friendly.
I was sent a 1.5l bottle of Ecover Non-Bio Concentrated Laundry Liquid to test out on the families never-ending washing demands, along with some of their best tips on getting the job done smarter.
- Washing Machine Maintenance – once a year wash a hot wash cycle with just a bottle of white vinegar. This will clean out residue that may be accumulating in your machine and preventing your laundry from looking its best
- Separate whites and colours, encouraging the family to do it too. I have a washing basket that is divided into section, one for whites and one for darks
- Treat stains straight away, don’t leave them to set. For tough greasy stains dab in a drop of hair shampoo and rub in with an old toothbrush; to remove biro, spray on some hairspray before you wash; to remove a lipstick stain, role a slice of (crustless) bread into a ball and blot the lipstick mark before washing as usual.
- If your whites have turned grey simply add half a cup of lemon juice to the wash and instantly brighten them up
- If you favourite pair of black jeans are looking lacklustre, soak them in a bucket of black coffee before washing – the natural tannins act as a dye to refresh the denim
I have already done a white vinegar wash and my washing machine not only looks cleaner but smells fresher too.
So far the Ecover has successfully removed grass and mud stains; chocolate stains and general muck from the kids clothes and worked wonders on Sebby’s duvet which he was unwell on.
What are your top washing tips?
Image Credit: Shutterstock.com