Everyone’s ultimate hero next door fronts a new national campaign highlighting the importance of fire safety for children
Ahead of the clocks going back and with Halloween and Bonfire Night fast approaching, much-loved hero Fireman Sam is launching a nationwide campaign to raise awareness of fire safety for children.
Known for protecting the citizens of the Welsh town of Pontypandy alongside his esteemed colleagues, Fireman Sam teaches valuable lessons on fire safety while reinforcing the importance of staying calm during an emergency.
This October, Sam will be sharing his top tips to staying safe at Halloween and enjoying the festivities at bonfire and fireworks displays. Bringing these important tips to life, Fireman Sam and his team feature in animated videos that will ensure all members of the family are aware of the potential fire hazards around these special events.
Fireman Sam’s Top Tips
1) Light fireworks at arm’s length and NEVER go back to a lit firework.
2) Always keep children a safe distance from fireworks.
3) Keep well away from bonfires and ensure that children are supervised at all times. Pets are best kept indoors.
4) Always wear gloves when handling sparklers and hold at arm’s length. Once finished, put in a bucket of water.
5) Finally, ensure you attend a well-organised fireworks display!
To watch Fireman Sam’s safety tip videos please visit the Fireman Sam Safety Tips Playlist on the Fireman Sam YouTube channel:
Or for more information, fun games and competitions please visit www.FiremanSam.co.uk