Life with a baby is a magical time full of making cherished memories as you get to know your new arrival. Despite this, for the one in five parents whose child has colic, it can be an overwhelming period[i].
Although colic is considered a harmless condition, a recent study by Nelsons reveals that almost half of parents (49%) think that colic is the most distressing ailment for parents[ii]. To help relieve the symptoms of colic, Nelsons is launching NEW Nelsons Colica® Colic Granules, a homeopathic medicinal product used within the homeopathic tradition for the symptomatic relief of colic in babies over one month of age.
Colic is a medical term for excessive and frequent crying in a baby who appears to be otherwise healthy and well fed. It usually begins within the first few weeks of life, but often stops by the time the baby is four months old and by six months at the latest. In most cases the intense crying occurs in the late afternoon and the baby may clench their fists and draw their knees up to their tummy or arch their back.*
Nelsons gives the below tips to help parents comfort a baby who has colic.
- Try soothing baby with a gentle rocking by walking round the house while holding them. You could also try taking them out for a ride in the car as the vibration, noise, movement and change of scenery can be soothing.
- Give your little one a gentle massage on their stomach.
- Try giving your baby a colic remedy like Nelsons Colica Colic Granules, ahomeopathic medicinal product used within the homeopathic tradition for the symptomatic relief of colic in babies over one month of age.
- Hold your baby close so that they can hear your heartbeat to help calm them.
- Your baby spent months bathed in a warm amniotic fluid so try a warm, peaceful bath.
Nelsons Colica Colic Granules contains a unique formulation of 30c potencies of natural Citrullus colocynthis and Dioscorea villosa.
Nelsons Colica Colic Granules costs £5.80 and is available from Boots and www.amazon.co.uk
Always read the label.
* If you are concerned about your baby’s symptoms or their excessive crying you should seek advice from your GP
The fabulous team at Nelson’s have given me a Fisher Price Rainforest™ Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym to giveaway to one of my readers.
- Fill in the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be by comment, Facebook, twitter etc
- Please read the rules below
- Closing Date: 4th January 2015
- If there is no form hit refresh (F5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – Answer the Question**
- Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries via twitter
- Terms and Conditions can be found in the Rafflecopter form below
**Comments may not appear immediately due to comment moderation