We take the kids out exploring the forest and sea shore regularly and I have to admit that Sebastian’s current stroller does struggle with rough terrain. I was forever getting stuck on tree roots or wedged in sand, so when I was offered the Britax BOB REVOLUTION PRO to test out I knew I could really put it through its paces.
The Bob has a lockable front swivel wheel which is designed with tracking adjustment, allowing you the keep the stroller steady and straight on more uneven ground offering ultimate versatility. It is approved for running and skating and can also be used for everyday trips around town or to ensure a smooth ride over the toughest of terrains.
The Bob has been designed with baby’s comfort in mind and has a padded reclining seat for sitting up and watching the world or lying back and having a snooze, and a secure five-point safety harness. It has a multi-position canopy helping to protect your little one against the elements, while a large viewing window allows you to keep an eye on them.
The handlebar is padded and features a wrist strap for extra security, and has a bike brake on it for when you are running and need to stop quickly. The parking brake is easily operated with one foot and it also has tough, high-impact polymer composite wheels and a suspension system to ensure comfort for the baby and a nice smooth push for you.
What I like:
- Easy to assemble
- Smooth and light to manoeuver and can easily be pushed with one hand
- Large storage pockets on the seat and shopping basket underneath the stroller
- Large multi-position canopy gives a good amount of shade, even on the sunniest days
- Easy two-step folding frame
- The front wheel tracking adjustment is perfect for off-road buggy pushing
- The suspension is brilliant and has come in handy on rough terrain
What I don’t like:
- Having the large hood is good, however when folded right back it hangs down low in the seat area and touches Sebastian’s head
- The seat is reclined using straps to tighten / loosen. The seat doesn’t sit up straighten enough, even on the tightest setting.
- It doesn’t come with raincovers
- It is heavy to put in / out the car at 11.5kg
I have yet to find a buggy that can cope with a beach, but the Britax Bob handled it brilliantly. Hubby was even sprinting across the shingle / sand with it!!
It also coped brilliantly with a muddy field for the New Forest Spring Show and a track through the New Forest at Avon Country Park.
We have only had the buggy for a couple of weeks and are really impressed so far. I am keen to see how it fairs running and as I am not a consistent runner I am going to lend it to my friend Emma from ThePRMummy to test it out whilst we are away in Turkey.
I will be back with her report at the beginning of June!