According to The Office for National Statistics, the most popular birthday in the UK over the last 20 years falls on 26th September. To rejoice this celebration of love and festivities, Netflix have released their brand-new Birthday’s On-Demand feature.
Netflix can reveal that two thirds (64%) of children’s parties are themed after their favourite TV shows and movies, so have decided to take matters one step further by creating a feature, where parents can simply press play anytime and anywhere, and their little one’s favourite cartoon characters will sing them a special birthday greeting. With 70% of parents recently admitting to finding children’s birthday parties stressful, this new feature is a fab cost-effective way of making the day extra special.
I am slightly gutted that we don’t have any birthdays in the house until Eliza’s in January, but I know she would love a birthday message from LEGO Friends when her day finally arrives.
To find this fabulous new feature, simply search birthday on Netflix to unlock special performances from your child’s favourite characters – you could even tie it in with the wrapping of a special present.
With this new feature, you can simply press play anytime and anywhere, and your little one’s favourite characters will sing them a special birthday greeting – made just for them (or so they’ll think).
Netflix has birthday messages from these 15 shows:
- DreamWorks All Hail King Julien
- Beat Bugs
- DreamWorks Dinotrux
- Las Leyendas
- LEGO Friends
- LEGO Ninjago
- Luna Petunia
- Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Project Mc2
- Skylanders Academy
- DreamWorks Trollhunters
- Word Party
We have to wait to January, April and June to use ours, but while we wait, here are some Netflix tips for parents:
Netflix Hacks every parent should know
Netflix can make your day to day that little bit easier:
- Get to Know the Kids Profile: The Netflix kids profile gives parents peace of mind that their child is watching age appropriate content. Added bonus? The background of the kids’ Netflix profile is white vs. the typical black – this way parents can easily spot their kids straying from one profile to another.
- Be the TV Boss: We know that when mum and dad aren’t in the room, kids may try to bend the rules for more TV time. By disabling auto-play, parents can make sure their kids don’t sneak in that extra episode without asking.
- Creating Family Time: Parents can create a “Family Night” profile to discover content that everyone can agree on. Create a rotating schedule of which family member is choosing the movie or TV show that night and start a new and fun family tradition.
- The Secret to Kids’ Birthdays: With 15 new Birthdays On-Demand, parents can take the celebrations to the next level by simply pressing play and having their kids’ favorite characters sing a special birthday greeting just for them – no cake baking all-nighter required.
- Master of Thumbs: Did your kid watch All Hail King Julien on your profile and now it’s flooded with kids content? On Netflix, removing those shows from your recommendations is as easy as pressing the thumbs down button.
Have you got Netflix – who watches it more, you or the kids?