Did you know that it is International Waffle Day on 25th March?
She had brought a waffle iron from home and proceeded to make waffles with bacon and lashings of maple syrup for some of the guests to enjoy after the feed run. I left Coombe Mill with the recipe and instructions to buy a waffle maker, which I promptly did.
Since then, waffles seem to have got even more popular, with our local gelato serving them with a variety of weird and wonderful toppings.
If you fancy making your own waffles at home, they are actually super simple to do using one of the fabulous waffle makers from the Domu range.
I highly recommend you invest in a cooking spray to lightly the coat the plates of the waffle maker to stop the mixture from sticking.
Beat eggs in large bowl until fluffy and then beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, until smooth.
- 2 eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 415ml milk
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pour into the waffle maker and then close it to cook – simple!
Add which ever toppings you want – mine favour melted chocolate and marshmallows at the moment.
Thanks to Domu, I have a fabulous VonShef dual Belgian waffle maker to giveaway to one lucky reader.
- Fill in the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries
- Please read the rules below
- Closing Date: 15th April 2018
- If there is no form hit refresh (F5) and it should appear
- Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries via twitter