Eliza’s first proper hairdresser experience

Hair Cut

A couple of years ago, like many children, Eliza decided to take the art of hairdressing into her own hands and hacked off a great big chunk of her hair.

Thankfully the main chunk was at the back of her head, so wasn’t that noticeable on a day-to-day basis and she has been having her hair trimmed at the barbers with the boys whilst we waited for it to grow out.

Eliza had her birthday at the end of January and as one of her birthday surprises, we booked her into Level Hair Salon to have her first proper wash, cut and blow dry.

Level Hairdressers

She was treated just like an adult customer, offered a drink and a cake and taken off to have her hair washed in the special sinks, albeit needing a booster seat to reach high enough.

Hairdressers

We had a good look through at styles and Eliza decided that she wanted her hair in a long bob and wanted to grow her fringe out, so the stylist got to work and took a good couple of inches off her hair.

Blowdry

I have to admit that I was worried we were going to lose some of her gorgeous blonde hair, but the haircut did her hair the world of good and I have not seen it looking so healthy and shiny for a long time.

Hair Cut

She certainly loves her new style and we have been busy buying some pretty hair clips so she can keep her fringe out of eyes whilst she grows it out.

To help look after her posh ‘new do’, Bags of Love sent her this gorgeous personalised hairbrush with two of her favourite photographs on – one walking along a log in Bluebell Wood and the other from our holiday to Lapland.

Personalised hairbrush

The brush has mixed natural & nylon bristles, which gently separate the strands producing smooth, glossy results and perfect for keeping her hair looking good.

Lisbon

Hopefully now she will stop borrowing my hairbrush (I can never find it).

Have you treated your child to their first salon experience yet?

21 thoughts on “Eliza’s first proper hairdresser experience

1. Charli Bruce says:

My daughter has a family of hairdressers, including myself so she’s always got haircuts at home and the odd one in the salon her auntie owns. Eliza’a hair is looking absolutely gorgeous and I’m loving her brush, my daughter is always stealing mine too x

2. Danielle says:

I think that it’s great that there are hair places suitable for kids like this . I can’t wait to take my daughter.

3. Louise says:

What a lovely thing to get sent a personalised hair brush I love that!

4. Laura says:

Oh wow what a treat for here and it looks like she really enjoyed it and they really looked after her!! Such a nice first haircut experience

Laura x

5. Beth Owen says:

She looks super happy! My girls would love this and that brush is amazing!

6. Lorna says:

She looks so happy! Scrapbook the photos! Isla’s first proper haircut was in New York, visiting the same barber who cut my hair when I was her age. I went with my Dad when he got his done, so Isla is the third generation.

7. Stephanie says:

Oh what a pretty little girl and I agree with the haircut making the hair look lovely and healthy

8. Talya says:

I remember when I took my daughter for hers she was so absolutely chuffed and the look on her face was very similar to Eliza’s!

9. Aww she’s growing up too fast! My hair isn’t long enough yet for a proper cut 🙁 hers looks so thick and beautiful x

10. Aww i have a post like this planned too as my girls have their first visit coming up!

11. Laura Dove says:

Ahh she looks so happy! Eva has only had one hair cut and Megan has never had one yet! Eeek!

12. She looks adorable with her new hair! My sister did the same and hacked a pigtail off, my mom went spare! haha. Lyoto’s first haircut was on Main Street USA in Walt Disney World and he sat in the biggest barber chair, covered in Mickey Stickers from a lovely barber. First haircuts are the best 🙂

13. Aww what a lovely experience for her, looks like a super hairdressers too. Love the haircut, it really suits her. My little one is coming up to 3 yrs old and she hasn’t had a haircut yet, I’m putting it off!

14. Sonia Cave says:

Very pretty hair!! My daughter (10) would love to go to a salon, but doesn’t want to loose any of her length! I refuse to pay masses (we live in Sweden) for a trim I can do!!

15. Linda Hobbis says:

Funnily enough I paid for Caitlin to have a cut and blow dry last time (£30!). Personally I think you have to have wet hair for a good cut but it’s not cheap. It’s good to get them used to a proper wash and cut early I think. Caitlin (10) is quite nervous when we go.

16. Her haircut looks lovely. She must have felt so grown up going to the hairdressers that day. And her new hair brush is lovely too x

17. Tanya says:

I am in love with that brush, I definitely need one of those. Her hair looks lovely and I’m glad she enjoyed her first hair salon experience, I wish my hairdressers provided cake though

18. Shoshana Sue says:

Wow those personallised brushes are so cute and so is Eliza, and her new posh hairstyle!

19. Jem says:

Aww she looks like she’s really enjoying her pamper session!

20. I never went to a hairdressers until I was about 18 years old as up until then I always had someone who would come to my house and do my hair x

21. Sarah Bailey says:

Aww it looks like she really liked having her haircut and check out that snazzy brush to keep it all looking neat!