Rocking your inner mermaid with Planet Mermaid

Planet Mermaid

Eliza loves the water.

In fact, she loves being under the water so much, that her swimming instructor jokes that she should have been a mermaid!

She has been asking for a mermaid tail for the last couple of years, but we were always worried about safety, instead choosing to get her a crochet blanket instead for Christmas last year.

This year, however, she has just achieved her 400m distance swimming award and I think she is ready for her first proper mermaid swimming lesson.

Mermaid tail swimming is a great pool activity for kids and adults alike and many swim schools are now offering lessons, although it is important to remember that public pools do not allow you to use mermaid tails during public swimming.

We have been sent a mermaid tail from Planet Mermaid to review and Eliza could not wait to try it on.

Planet Mermaid

Eliza chose the pink ocean kiss mermaids tail, which comes with a monofinย insert which you pop your feet into and gives the tail its shape and supports swimming.

Planet Mermaid

Also in the box was a Magic Monofin swimbag, to keep the mermaid tail in, a matching tankini style top and briefs to wear underneath.

Of course, Eliza could not wait to try it on and magically transformed into a mermaid out of water.

Planet Mermaid

The mermaid tails are suitable for use in and out of water, although walking in them would be rather challenging, put possible without the monofin. They are made from a fade and chlorine resistant fabric and are fully machine washable.

In fact, Eliza could wear the tankini to the beach, or pool, in the summer to get wear out of it and cannot wait for her first mermaid lesson later this month.

Planet Mermaid

The Ocean Kiss mermaid tail costs from ยฃ32.99 and is available for ages 4 through to adult sizes.

Disclaimer: We were sent a mermaid tail to review. All thoughts and opinions are our own.

20 thoughts on “Rocking your inner mermaid with Planet Mermaid

1. She looks amazing in her mermaid suit. I didn’t know you could get something like this or even have special lessons for it. I can’t wait to find out how she gets on

2. Hannah says:

This is so cool! I would have loved this when I was younger x

3. That looks cool. I would of loved one of these when I was little

4. Laura H says:

This is soo cool! I would absolutely love an adult sized one so I could pretend to be a real mermaid!

5. Kacie says:

Aww she looks so pleased to be wearing her mermaid tail ๐Ÿ™‚ I bet they keep her feet nice and warm!

6. Kerry Norris says:

Aww look at her face. She looks so happy. My daughter would love this x

7. Lorna says:

My Isla would love this. She’d never take it off.

8. Katy Stevens says:

This looks like so much fun – she’s clearly enjoying herself isn’t she x

9. Helen says:

I love them! My daughter begged and begged until we eventually bit the bullet and got her a tail with fin for the feet. She and her friends all took them to the pool for a birthday party and even the lifeguards were fascinated. Hope she has fun with it x

10. Oh wow, that is a really cool costume! I’d not heard of Mermaid Swimming Lessons before.

11. Claire says:

Oh wow, these look like so much fun ๐Ÿ™‚ I bet she loves it. My Daughter would have loved this when she was younger ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Well done on her swimming award! Well deserving of a mermaid outfit to celebrate ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Oh wow this looks so magical!! A childhood dream come true for many I’m sure ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Oh wow this looks amazing. My daughters would be over the moon to have a set like that. They really wish they were mermaids.

15. Sonia Cave says:

I too have a little mermaid who prefers to be under the water (for scary amounts of time) rather than on top of it and she would adore this outfit

16. These are amazing. They look so cool! I bet she feels like I real little mermaid x

17. That looks so much fun! T would love that, especially since she’s like your daughter. She loves the water too much. I’m not much of a mermaid, but I wouldn’t mind having an adult sized tail too! ๐Ÿ™‚

18. Laura says:

I did not know these were a thing and now I kind of want one for myself!!!

19. Tracy says:

Wait! There’s such a thing as mermaid swimming lessons? How cool is that? I’ve got two boys who love the water, too, and kind of wish I had a little girl to buy that tail for (or wondering whether it would fit me)! Hope Eliza loves her lesson as much as she seems to like her tail!