Treating my Rosacea with an IPL Skin Rejuvenation Course

MSC Cruise Line

I have suffered with Acne Rosacea for over ten years with my main symptom being facial flushing.

Rosacea is very common in people with my skin type – I am fair-skinned with a tendency for rosy cheeks.

The symptoms of rosacea are extreme redness of the cheeks, spots, raised bumps and dry, sore eyes.  Triggers include stress, exercise, alcohol, spicy food, sunshine, central heating, cold etc – in fact I often joke that “life” is a trigger.

I have been wanting to try laser treatment on my face for sometime but it is expensive and not a cost I can afford at this time, but, on a recent visit to get my eyebrow shaped at The Venue Beauty Salon, they recommended an IPL Skin Rejuvenation course, which is significantly cheaper than laser treatment.

IPL (intense pulse light) Skin Rejuvenation is a safe and effective treatment for rejuvenating the skin, and treating conditions such as Rosacea, thread veins, broken capillaries, pigmentation, scarring, fine lines and wrinkles.

Laser and IPL machines produce narrow beams of light that are aimed at the visible blood vessels in the skin. The heat from the lasers damages the dilated veins and causes them to shrink so they’re no longer visible, with minimal scarring or damage to the surrounding area.

It is not a quick fix by any means and I will need a course of at least 6 treatments to get the best results and then a top up treatment every few months.

IPL Treatment

I have had two treatments so far and am seeing results immediately so am hopeful they will get rid of the majority of my redness.

The treatment requires me to wear UV goggles to protect my eyes and when Kayleigh applies the light is feels like an elastic band flick on the skin. It is uncomfortable rather than painful, but makes me jump each time. Each treatment lasts around 20 minutes and then my face is then cleansed and moisturised with Dermalogica Products.

I am now using their brilliant redness relief primer which is tinted with natural green botanical extracts as well as containing a handy sunscreen and the barrier repair cream daily to aid healing.

I bought a course of treatments as if you buy five, you get one free and should finish my treatments by Christmas, so look out for the results from my final session!

24 thoughts on “Treating my Rosacea with an IPL Skin Rejuvenation Course

1. Anosa says:

I actually not heard of this condition but glad you found an alternative treatment that is showing promise because laser treatment can be quite expensive

2. Aw I really hope the treatments work and reduce your rosacea. It is great to see that the treatment has already created a difference too x

3. MrsS says:

I hope it works well for you lovely. I am the queen of blushing, and I have friends who suffer from rosacea, I know how stressful it can be which only exacerbates it. good luck you can see a difference already!!

4. Stephanie says:

Hope it works fab for you, I can see improvements already.

5. Laura H says:

I didn’t know this sort of treatment existed! There is a real difference between 1 and 2, I hope that by the end of the 6 treatments you are happy!

6. LilJem says:

I have rosecea too, so found this really interesting. Will have to see if anywhere local provides that treatment. Thanks for sharing..

7. Deb Sharratt says:

Makes you feel good to see something working doesn’t it x

8. Clare says:

There’s a definite difference as the photos progress! You look fab in them all though 🙂

9. Jenni says:

You can really see a difference by the 4th photo, look forward to seeing a photo once the full course has finished

10. Jenny says:

Wow you can really see the difference! you must be so pleased!

11. Helen says:

You can really see the difference already. I haven’t heard of IPL skin rejuvenation before, it definitely seems to be a really good thing to try, the facial afterwards sounds amazing too. Looking forward to seeing your final photographs.

12. I’ve heard some really fab things about IPL and skin rejuvenation…you can see some great results here already 🙂

13. Ah, you can really see the difference already! It’s obviously working, but I think your rosy cheeks are lovely anyway.

14. Mel says:

You can definitely see results already! I’ve heard good things about courses of skin rejuvenation

15. Leona says:

I’ve not heard of Rosacea before but sure a lot of people will be interested in it

16. Leanne says:

This is really impressive, I can see the improvement already! I bet you are so pleased!

17. Emma says:

I was reading a bit about treatments like this today. I think treatments like this can really help with confidence. Looking forward to seeing that the end result is.

18. Wow! What an amazing advancement in technology. Hope it continues to get better over the course! x

19. Oh you can definitely see some improvement, I can’t wait to see the end result!

20. Erica Price says:

I’m impressed by the results you’ve had. I don’t suffer from rosacea, but I’m sure my wrinkles need some attention.

21. Evija says:

I have had the IPL treatment on my skin to get rid of some small blood vessels and it is not a very nice feeling, I kept jumping every time the pulse went off too!! BUT it does help and I have had great results so definitely worth the money and the not sure if I can call it pain but definitely not a ncie feeling!

22. That’s such an interesting concept, I’d never heard this could sort out redness and pigmentation. I’m hoping you get good results from it x

23. Melanie says:

I don’t have Rosacea but my skin goes from great to not great literally overnight. Will be interesting how this works long term x

24. Mary says:

My friends Rosacea really flares up when she drinks alcohol. I am looking forward to seeing the results!