10 things that happen after you come home from Walt Disney World

Princess Elena of Avalor

It as been just over a month since we returned home from Walt Disney World in Orlando and there has been a definite shift in things the kids love to do.

Once they have come down from all the excitement of telling absolutely everyone about their holiday, you think it would stop………wrong!

The kids are now all-things-Disney obsessed.

Things that happen when you get back from Walt Disney World

1. Our 14-year-old Disney CD that has been gathering dust in the back of a cupboard is installed in the car and the kids won’t listen to anything else. I now get Tiggers ‘Whoop de Dooper Bounce’, Tiki Room, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow and Lion King songs on a loop as DJ Isaac or Eliza skip the ones they don’t want to listen to. The current sound going around my head is Aladdin’s ‘Friend Like Me’

2. The Disney Life app has been re-installed and the kids will only watch Disney themed programs; Lion Guard, Princess Elena of Avalor, Unbungalievable and Sophia the First are all on the playlist.

Sophia the First

3. Like the old Disney CD, all our DVD’s have been routed through and the kids are now watching films that Abbey, Callan and Kian used to watch such as Hercules, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

Princess Jasmine

4. Our YouTube search bar is being searched for all the rides at the park. Typically, both Isaac and Eliza are now desperate to go on rides they point blank refused to try when in the park!!

Epcot

5. Isaac is perfecting his best Disney impressions by watching Brian Hull videos over and over again (sorry Dan TDM, there is a new favourite in town, although he has watched all your Disney footage too)

6. Any Disney related toy that had fallen out of favour is back out and played with constantly. I think I have the whole Lion Guard Kingdom in my front room!

Lion Guard

7. Halloween planning is in full swing and the only options for the boys are Star Wars related.

Kylo Ren

8. The kids watch our holiday videos over and over again.

9. The kids only want Pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup or fruit loops for breakfast.

Pancakes

10. Hubby’s Star Wars films are back out of hibernation, as are all his old toys (well the ones he will let them touch that is).

Star Wars

So far this years Christmas lists of full of Disney related goodies and they are already planning their next holiday………just need to save for it now!!

24 thoughts on “10 things that happen after you come home from Walt Disney World

1. Disney fever is currently going on here too. My daughter only wants to watch Disney programs.

2. Love this! Fruit loops brings back so many memories of breakfast when we went to Orlando! Kaz

3. You know it’s a brilliant holiday when the kids want to relive it in every way when they come home! I am so jealous. I want to go to Disney with my daughter so badly. x

4. Sarah says:

Haha. I love this. I wouldn’t mind any of this at all though. We are always watching Disney movies or tv shows, and have lots of Disney music in this house. Haha

5. I did Disney over 20 years ago now and I can honestly say that we were exactly the same! Loved this post x

6. I am doing many of these things in the lead up to GOING! Booked for Disneyland Paris in February and watching so many ride videos on Youtube too.

Thanks for sharing!

Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN x

7. I think you have a serious case of Disney fever in your house. At least its keeping the kids entertained and they are reliving their holiday at home.

8. Nazrin says:

Looool this is adorable! Typical children! I remember when I came back front disney land as a child – there was no internet then so I had to settle for the Disney princesses in the Argos catalogues!!!! The shame!

9. It just shows how much they must have loved the holiday. I bet it is lovely reliving some of the memories of your holiday with them x

10. RACHEL EVANS says:

This is such a lovely post- I thought it was going to be able how sad you are that you’re not still at Disney haha! Nice how you have kept the Disney experience going when you have come home though.

11. Jenni says:

Ahh Disney is such fun, I’m glad all the DVDs and toys are back out. I can’t wait for Lucas to want to watch a Disney film with me

12. Stephanie says:

It’s so lovely to hear the kids are full of Disney love after their visit. I think it is so lovely to be able to have that vlog for them to watch back

13. tots2travel says:

Well it sounds like it certainly made an impression! A bit of an understatement there 🙂

14. Sarah Burns says:

awww, they must have a had a blast! It’s lovely when they enjoy something so freely

15. Mary Abbott says:

Oh my goodness that looked like an amazing trip! Need to take our kids!

16. Jenny says:

We have all those Lion Guard toys! My kids are crazy for their Disney toys.

17. Ahh these are all signs of an amazing holiday and a truly magical experience! I want to go!!

18. Aww bless. My sister kids have visited at least 6 times since. It’s lovely that it leaves kids spellbound 🙂

19. Looks like the experience was such a memorable one that even a month after, you’re family is still experiencing Disney fever! 🙂

20. Oh I am SO GLAD you’re still able to relive all the magic now you’re back home. We’re on a bit of a Disney film binge watch here too… And how typical that they now want to ride the ones they were too scared of! Time to start saving for a return trip!?

21. Talya says:

So basically….trying to relive the Disney dream back home all over again. I can totally see why tht would happen. I would be doing the same too!

22. Jon says:

lol, great post! Mickey has just deleted our photos from photopass this week! grrrr!

23. Aw they obviously LOVED their trip to Disney World! We would love to take Lily one day – she’s already obsessed with Disney though so not sure she could be any more so than she already is!

24. Helen says:

Aww they clearly loved the holiday so much! It’s so nice when things you had when you were younger can be enjoyed by your own children 🙂