Keeping Warm and Dry this Winter with Mountain Warehouse and Hotter Shoes

Mountain Warehouse

The Aurora Womens Down Jacket from Mountain Warehouse is the perfect winter coat as it offers both extreme warmth and protection from the rain.

It is not often you find a warm winter coat that is fully waterproof, but this has coped extremely well with everything the weather has thrown at me so far as it has with taped seams to keep the water out and a feather/down filling for warmth.

The coat has been tested to keep you warm in temperatures as low as -60C, so this jacket is perfect for outdoor lovers like us.

Mountain Warehouse

The outer layer is made of 100% nylon with 75% down and 25% feather filling and the jacket fully waterproof, rated at 5000mm, with the IsoDry fabric allowing air to circulate which makes sure you stay dry on the inside and lets moisture out.

The jacket has an inner adjustable cuff with a Velcro strap and an inner ribbed cuff for warmth and comfort but it is the giant hood that has an elastic cord for a better fit and detachable faux fur trim for extra warmth that is my favourite part of the coat – perfect for hiding under when the weather turns.

Mountain Warehouse

The jacket also has a down proof lining which prevents the feathers escaping and
multiple pockets including one internal MP3 player/mobile pocket, two large front pockets with poppers which are big enough to store my camera and lens.

Teamed with my Hotter GTX Marlowe Boots, a duo-tone nubuck/suede combination knee-high boot with goretex technology to keep my feet warm and dry, this is the perfect outfit for keeping me warm and dry this winter!

Mountain Warehouse

Now we just need some really cold weather or snow as this jacket keeps me so warm I keep having to take it off as the weather has been so mild.

18 thoughts on “Keeping Warm and Dry this Winter with Mountain Warehouse and Hotter Shoes

1. Kerry Norris says:

I didn’t realise they made coats like this. This is pretty trendy x
    Kerry Norris recently posted…Funny Posts from 2016My Profile

2. Sonia says:

I have a lovely Mountain warehouse coat and it is amazing! It is SOooo warm! Yours looks gorgeous! I love my Hotter Boots x
    Sonia recently posted…The Places We Will Go Linky {Jan 17}My Profile

3. tots2travel says:

This line sounds like it offers so much.
    tots2travel recently posted…Day Out – Cairngorm Reindeer Herd, AviemoreMy Profile

4. Marie Barber says:

We have been having some minus weather in the North West i could do with investing in some winter clothes, it was really mild before Christmas so i didn’t think i would need to!
    Marie Barber recently posted…Cabbage Roll Casserole My Profile

5. What a fab coat and shoes. I really need to invest in some warmer winter wear. We’ve suddenly had a really icy spat of weather down in Cornwall. It’s freezing!!! I love mountain warehouse for cosy jackets. x
    Chloe Ciliberto recently posted…7 NATURAL WAYS TO MANAGE ANXIETYMy Profile

6. The jacket looks so snug and warm with the fur round the hood and the boots I love, I hope they are as comfy as they look x

7. Loving both of them! I’ve been spending much more time outdoors this yea so practical but looking nice is really important 🙂

8. That jacket looks fab, i love fur collars, they seem so much cosier 🙂

There aren’t many outdoor coats that look this good. I’m seriously impressed. I hate finding a good coat and then realising it doesn’t have a hood with it or it lets in the slightest shower. this sounds like a great find.

10. That coat is lovely, it really suits you too. I really need to invest in a new winter coat for next year and something like this would be fab as it is freezing all the time up here on the North East coast xx
    Newcastle Family Life recently posted…Other Bloggers Family Lives Featuring Tattooed TealadyMy Profile

11. What a lovely warm coat that looks! I’m after a new coat tbh, I rely on my raincoat for everything 🙁 Love your boots too – perfect for a lovely walk along the beach x
    Steph at Mental Parentals recently posted…A Festive Spa Break at Armathwaite Hall, near KeswickMy Profile

12. joanna says:

This jacket looks fab I need something like this as I walk every where and when it rains I end up drenched in my usual coat.

13. Thank you very much. This article adds to my knowledge and very helpful!

14. Your jacket looks fabulous. I am going to Iceland later in the year and this would be perfect to keep out the cold. Those boots look cosy too!
    Mellissa Williams recently posted…How To Organise Your Travel With A Knomo Curzon BagMy Profile

15. Ooh that jacket and the boots are perfect for you – with all the outdoors time you have! You won’t get cold in those!
    JuggleMum, Nadine Hill recently posted…Review: GymCubeMy Profile

16. The coat looks fab! I love the look of the hood as well, looks really cosy! I have a coat that I have to keep taking off like you as it’s so mild in the Midlands – however mine would def not keep me warm at -60!! x

17. Jon says:

That jacket looks just the business!! Nothing is colder than being by the beach during the winter months!!