Our Days Out Bucket List for 2017

Big Wheel Bournemouth

Every January we sit down with the kids and ask them where they would like to go this year.

It does make for some amusing results as they tend to make up places they want go and visit, but thankfully we have had some sensible answers and even managed to cross a couple off the list already.

Starting with the youngest first, this is our must visit list for 2017:

Sebastian:

• Dinosaur Land – (we think he means the Lost Kingdom at Paultons Park)
  • Stay at Legoland
  • Go on the Gruffalo ride (Chessington World of Adventures)
  • Ride a Steam Train
  • Go on James’ Red Balloon at Thomas Land
  • Go to Folley Farm (to see Kai, specifically)
  • Feed the animals at Kingston Maurward

Isaac:

• Stonehenge
  • Doctor Who Experience
  • Visit Hampton Court Palace to meet the Tudors
  • See the Changing of the Guard
  • Dress up at Camp Bestival
  • Go to a trampoline park
  • Go to Splash Landings at Alton Towers
  • Be a zoo keeper for a day
  • Go to the Tank Museum

Kian:

• Go to the Gadget Show
  • Visit EGX
  • Do the Orbital Slide
  • Go Coasteering
  • White Water Rafting

Hubby:

• iFly (Indoor Skydiving)
  • Edinburgh Castle

• Visit Bath
  • Cheddar Gorge
  • The Lost Gardens of Heligan
  • Have a helicopter flight over Bournemouth & Poole
  • See Hogwarts in the Snow at Warner Studio Tour
  • See Jason Manford in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
  • Visit Stourhead (in Autumn)
  • Ride the Bournemouth Balloon (if it returns)
  • Visit Wales and Conwy Castle

Well, as you see that is quite some list although we have ticked two off already with visits to Activate Trampoline Park and Kingston Maurward………..I best get cracking though, only 11 months to go!

Have you got any places on your ‘must visit’ list for 2017?

17 thoughts on “Our Days Out Bucket List for 2017

1. Me and my son have done bucket lists for this year (didn’t tell him stuff like legoland was an option lol) we’ve got fish and chips in Padstow on it and going bodyboarding 🙂
    Kate Williams recently posted…Painting with Cotton Wool: Easy Art Activity for PreschoolMy Profile

2. I love this list, especially where you talk about going to see Kai at Foley Farm. That’s definitely on our list too
    Zena’s Suitcase recently posted…Exploring The UK With Premier Inn: Going To WarwickMy Profile

3. Matthew U says:

What a great lists. Visiting some of these sites would be a lifetime experience. Hope you Write about these place too.

4. Candace says:

Love this list. we have made a similar one so everyone has had the chance to do pick something they really want to do

5. Emma says:

I love that you compile a list for everyone. It means you won’t ever be at a loss with where to go.
    Emma recently posted…Should we censor the natural world from our children?My Profile

6. Kerry Norris says:

I didn’t realise you could bungee at the 02. Lots of great ideas here
    Kerry Norris recently posted…Mummy Don’t Cry – How PND is affecting my childMy Profile

7. Lianne says:

Oh wow, that’s a lot of places, sounds like you’ve got a fun packed year ahead! 🙂
    Lianne recently posted…Choosing the Perfect Winter CoatMy Profile

8. Ooh some great ideas here, I love that you have done lists for each person. I might have to borrow your idea and promise I will credit you if I do. We went to Cheddar Gorge a few years ago, it was great and we were lucky to visit on a beautiful day. Looking forward to seeing how many places you rick off x

9. These are some fab places to visit, I hope you can visit as many as possible over the next 12 months!

10. Mary Louise says:

So many great ideas – fairy festival sounds good?!!
    Would you believe, having such a big love for flowers that i have never been to Kew! It is on my list x
    Mary Louise recently posted…Using Flowers For Kids CraftsMy Profile

11. Becky says:

Thats just a fab idea to gather in their thoughts !

12. I love how you ask the whole family what they would like to do! This lot should keep you busy all year round!
    JuggleMum, Nadine Hill recently posted…Basil & cherry tomato stuffed peppersMy Profile

13. So many fun activities to do but I’m with you. My list woudl look very much like yours and I’d love to see Jason Manford in Chitty, Vitty Bang Bang, so much fun. Mich x
    Michelle Twin Mum recently posted…Review: Wicked, the Musical at the Apollo VictoriaMy Profile

14. Great list, although I think Seb wants to visit the Dinosaur Adventure Park here in Norfolk 🙂
    Mandi Morrison recently posted…#WIN Lightwater Valley Family Ticket for Fab Feb Family FunMy Profile

15. Erica Price says:

They all have quite different ideas don’t they? We are doing something similar this year – H has chosen what he wants to see on holiday: Giants Causeway.
    Erica Price recently posted…The Emma MattressMy Profile