Bouncing Fun at Activate Trampoline Park

Activate Trampoline Park

I have wanted to visit a trampoline park for ages but our nearest one was Southampton which is a bit of a trek.

Earlier this year I saw in our local paper that a new trampoline park was opening locally, however its opening in June completely passed me by and we still hadn’t visited…….until now.

This week my friend and fellow blogger Joanne from Charliemoos suggested we visit Activate Trampoline Park with the kids. Booking prior to going is recommended as sessions are limited by the number of people jumping and a waiver must be signed for any jumpers under the age of 17.

It is recommended that you get there at least 20 minutes before your session starts as you are given a safety briefing before you start. Each session costs £10 per person and each person also has to have a pair of special activate socks (£2 a pair) to be able to participate. These are yours to keep though, so can be used again and again.

The kids were a little nervous at first and stuck to the Free Jump area, which allows people to literally bounce off the walls with interconnected trampolines, whilst they built up their confidence.

Activate Trampoline Park

The venue includes an open jump area full of 70 trampolines, a dodgeball area, a air bag, tumble track and a Ninja assault course which is opening soon.

The gigantic tumble track is perfect for showing off tricks and flips, bouncing as you go, although Isaac was happy running along it and then bouncing off the wall at the end though. It was the dodgeball area that caused the most giggles as they bounced, dodged balls and threw balls at each other.

Activate Trampoline Park

As their confidence grew they were soon practicing on the larger trampolines where they could jump from higher heights and try walking up the wall or leaping into a giant air bag.

Activate Trampoline Park Dorset

There is also a mezzanine level that overlooks the jump area so you can watch the kids. It also has a small play area for younger visitors and a well-stocked cafe.

Activate Ferndown

The kids got lots of exercise as well as having lots of fun so we will definitely be back as it is perfect for them now that they are moving away from soft play. The site is clean, tidy, well supervised and the perfect location for them to burn off energy.

Although Sebby was too young to bounce yesterday, in term time they run toddler sessions for little ones and even exercise sessions for us mum’s (and dad’s) so we will both get to have a go too.

Activate Trampoline Park is open Monday – Saturday 10am – 9pm and Sunday from 10am – 6pm. Follow them on facebook for more news, events, competitions and offers.

17 thoughts on “Bouncing Fun at Activate Trampoline Park

1. Jason Wright says:

Awesome place to have good time with friends and family 🙂
    Thanks for sharing Chelsea!

2. Travis says:

Such fun! It’s so nice that there are trampoline parks to go to these days!

3. Anna says:

That looks so much fun, we love trampolines. x
    Anna recently posted…Lost Between Now And ThenMy Profile

4. Anosa says:

Awww look how much fun the kids had, I don’t thikn I have a trampoline centre near me but I would love to find one as its always fun to play on even as an adult
    Anosa recently posted…Financial Report Q4 2016 My Profile

5. Marie Barber says:

We have one not far from us and it would be excellent for our kids i keep meaning to check it out!
    Marie Barber recently posted…Dairy Free Gingerbread Hot Chocolate My Profile

6. Kerry Norris says:

This looks great especially as they have soft play too x
    Kerry Norris recently posted…The Christmas Blogger Interview – TwinderelmoMy Profile

7. I love trampoline parks glad you found one that worked for you! I am not sure why my nearest would be.

8. karen says:

I’d love to take mine to some where like this because they have gone over the height limit for our local soft play area
    karen recently posted…WordPress.com in 2016: A Year in ReviewMy Profile

This looks like a lot of fun and hopefully a lot of tiring fun after all that bouncing x
    Rachel recently posted…The Ritual of Hammam – Purifying Treat Gift SetMy Profile

10. This looks amazing – we have something similar near us and my two love it x
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve done this week {23rd December 2016}….My Profile

11. Carine says:

My daughter asked us to take her but I have to say I’m a bit worried and my youngest is 4. But it seems that you had fun!

12. Lilinha says:

WOW! It looks so much fun, little man has been asking me to take him to a trampoline place! 🙂
    Lilinha recently posted…Tasty and Convenient New Year’s Eve Party Food with @IcelandFoods  #PowerofFrozenMy Profile

13. We love trampolining!! These places are popping up everywhere now, so much fun, and great exercise too!
    five little doves recently posted…Top tips for saving money this Christmas!My Profile

14. Jen Walshaw says:

My boys love going to the trampoline park near us for an hours worth of bouncing. It is great for older kids as well as younger ones. I took the whole football team and they loved it, great for team building.

15. Talya says:

Dying to get to one of these trampoline parks looks like so much fun…hoping to get to one over the Christmas hols!
    Talya recently posted…How to get your kids to sleep on Christmas EveMy Profile

16. Sophie says:

This looks amazing! There’s a new bounce park near us – it’s reminded me we must visit during the holidays!
    Sophie recently posted…REVIEW // LEONIE DAWSON’S SHINING LIFE & BIZ PLANNER BUNDLEMy Profile