Spinney Hollow at Camp Bestival

This was our fourth year at Camp Bestival and there was one place I wanted to visit that we had not done before – Spinney Hollow.

At Spinney Hollow you get to learn the skills for your land adventures with practical craft skills and the opportunity to brush up on your sword/ axe/ bow making to be a fully equipped explorer.

There are traditional Green Woodwork and creative rural arts workshops daily but I would recommend you book as soon as you get there as some of the popular ones sell out fast.

I was hoping that Isaac would choose to make a Hazel weaved Pirate Ship but he decided upon a making a shield with Al Fresco forge whilst Eliza wanted to make a dream catcher.

making-a-shield

I have to say that both workshops were amazing with the children by giving them clear instruction and helping them enough to feel confident and supported but also letting them do most of the work themselves. Isaac has a good hammer technique apparently (future DIY helper) and Eliza had a real eye for colour with her dreamcatcher.

making-a-dream-catcher

Both workshops took around 45 minutes and they came out pleased as punch with their creations. Isaac’s shield is now mounted on the wall in his bedroom and Eliza has her dream catcher above her bed.

spinney-hollow

Most activities in Spinney Hollow are charged, however it is a nominal amount. Isaac’s shield cost £10 to make and Eliza’s dreamcatcher was just £3 which covered materials.

We will definitely revisit Spinney Hollow next year and hopefully Sebby will be old enough to make something too.

25 thoughts on “Spinney Hollow at Camp Bestival

1. I must go to Bestival next year. I’ve heard so many incredible things about it already and this has sold it even more! x
    Chloe Ciliberto recently posted…HALLOWEEN WITH B & MMy Profile

2. This looks great, my kids would certainly love making their own bows and arrows. Mich x
    Michelle Twin Mum recently posted…Reasons to be Cheerful – Parents, Nights Out and SnugglesMy Profile

3. This looks fab! I know My little one will love it! Will definitely go next year!
    Ayesha Farhad recently posted…What turning 26 feels like.My Profile

4. So cool you were able to get in, I’ve heard before it books up quick!

5. Evelina says:

What a fantastic idea! Sounds like a great way to spend a day
    Evelina recently posted…Last Summer DressMy Profile

6. We went a few years back and although the activities then were great they seem far better now 🙂
    Emma | The Mini Mes and Me recently posted…Money Management – If I Won the Lottery…My Profile

7. This looks like lots of fun! And both your little ones creations are fab 🙂
    Think I will have to take my two one year.
    Jayne @ Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs recently posted…Preparing For Student Life with Aldi SpecialBuysMy Profile

8. Sara-Jayne says:

I love events like this when you can make and take! I’ve always wanted to make a dreamcatcher too – I can’t believe it was only £3!
    Sara-Jayne recently posted…BOB THE BUILDER MASH AND MOLD CONSTRUCTION SITEMy Profile

9. Lilinha says:

It seems that Camp Bestival was fantastic. We would love to attend next year, I bet little man would love the workshops!
    Lilinha recently posted…Have a Good Morning with Genius Gluten FreeMy Profile

10. These look like great workshops for kids. I hope we get to join you next year, as we love making things too
    Zena’s Suitcase recently posted…Zena’s Suitcase Is Branching Out. Here’s What’s ChangingMy Profile

11. What a lovely idea! And so nice that you got to make a memento of the weekend.
    Nell ( Pigeon Pair and Me) recently posted…What to wear for an Autumn trip to ParisMy Profile

12. How much fun does that look like. I need to go one year with the kids.
    MELANIE EDJOURIAN recently posted…Win a Selection of #IconicMoments DVDsMy Profile

13. My nephew and niece would love this workshop. Sounds like creative fun.

It is amazing how much fun everyone seemed to have at Camp Bestival, not a niggle in sight x
    Rachel recently posted…Elizabeth Arden PREVAGE® Anti-Ageing FoundationMy Profile

15. Mary says:

Looks perfect – I love that they made something worth making and to keep!

16. Sonia says:

Oh wow I love that they have things like this to do at CB. That dream catcher is pretty x
    Sonia recently posted…A Visit to Discovery CoveMy Profile

17. This looks like so much fun. I have always wanted to make a dream catcher with my daughter 🙂

18. oana79 says:

The end results look great, such a great way to use those manual and motor skills!
    oana79 recently posted…Roco Clothing: Beautiful Occasion Wear for ChildrenMy Profile

19. Aaaaw this sounds like so much fun for the younger ones x x

20. Emma Raphael says:

These kind of things are so great for kids, they love being a bit of responsibility when it comes to tools and stuff they aren’t usually allowed to touch. What great creations too! 🙂

21. colewill says:

I have to say that this were amazing to the children. Keep up the good work!

22. Isn’t it fantastic how the children are encouraged to do it as much on their own as they can? Giving them self confidence and the ability to be proud with what they made? I loved this about Camp Bestival – we went to Spinney Hollow last time and my son made a sword.
    JuggleMum, Nadine Hill recently posted…Vista: Where the ‘Carnival’ starts!My Profile

23. Steph Curtis says:

Sounds great. So nice for the children to be able to try something different, that they can then be proud of!
    Steph Curtis recently posted…House Renovation 2016 – Part 7My Profile

24. I am all for trying out traditional crafts at fairs, camps and such. You get to learn such a lot, even as an adult.
    Vai Chin @Rambling Through Parenthood recently posted…We did The Big Friendly ReadMy Profile

25. Cathy Glynn says:

This looks so much fun. I wish Bestival was closer to us as it looks such an entertaining weekend x
    Cathy Glynn recently posted…What to Pack in your Hospital BagMy Profile