All New VertiGO at Drayton Manor

VertiGO

Isaac is fast following his Dad and big brothers footsteps in becoming a bit of an adrenalin junkie, so when I told him that we were visiting the new High Ropes attraction at Drayton Manor he was very excited.

We set off from a beautifully sunny Bournemouth on Saturday morning full of excitement about what was to come, until just 15 minutes from Drayton Manor when the heavens literally opened. We feared torrential rain might scupper our plans, but thankfully after waiting the storm out for half an hour or so, the rain stopped and it was time to climb.

VertiGO is situated just down the hill from the theme park’s on-site hotel, and you don’t even need tickets to the park to be able to try it out. From afar the VertiGo High Rope Adventure looks like a giant climbing frame, only one where adults and children can climb safely whilst attached to a special harness. Unlike some high ropes courses there is no clipping on and clipping off making it a seamless experience

After watching a short safety video, those that were climbing were geared up in safety harnesses. Hubby and Isaac were taking the VertiGO challenge whereas Eliza and Sebastian were testing out VertiGO Tots, which allows younger climbers the chance to test their balance and agility on a low-level course. Hubby and Isaac were the first to go.

VertiGo

It is safe to say that Isaac has no fear! There are two levels to VertiGo, a lower and an upper level with various rope challenges and instead of gradually building up to the challenge but doing the lower level first, Isaac was straight up the top. They had 30 minutes to navigate the course at their leisure and they must have tried every single route in that time – no circuit is the same.

VertiGo

The zip wire was the firm favourite of the day though and they headed back to both the high one and low one time and time again.

Whilst the boys raced around the high ropes, it was my job to supervise the little ones on VertiGO Tots. Like Hubby and Isaac they were put in harnesses before being allowed onto the course which puts agility to the test with rope bridges and balance beams. We have done a similar course before at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and Eliza was off, zooming around without a care in the world.

Vertigo Tots

In fact Eliza tried to make it more interesting by swinging on the harness which isn’t allowed – I think she would have preferred the bigger course but she didn’t want to do it. Sebastian on the other hand was a little more cautious and demanded I hold his hand as he started off.

VertiGo Tots

The course is designed so that you can pop in and out and help your child as you go by lifting barriers, which is great for more cautious children like Sebby. Once he realised he couldn’t fall, he was off and although not running around like his sister, was happily tackling the rope bridges and walkways. He only lasted about 10 minutes though as he wasn’t keen on wearing the harness.

To do the VertiGo course children must be 1.2m (4ft) or taller to climb without adult supervision and those between 1m and 1.2m must be accompanied by a responsible paying adult and stay within arm’s length at all times. The maximum individual weight for VertiGo is 21 stone (136kg).

For VertiGo Tots children must be aged two and above and no taller than 1.2m (4ft). Participants must have a responsible adult with them.

Entry to VertiGO is not included in the price of an admission ticket to Drayton Manor and I recommend you buy your tickets online before your visit as it costs from £3 for VertiGO tots and from £5 for VertiGO.

17 thoughts on “All New VertiGO at Drayton Manor

1. Vertigo was such fun wasn’t it. Your Isaac is such a dare devil
    Zena’s Suitcase recently posted…My Weekly Photo – In The LostwoodMy Profile

2. Ha ha I think I’d be happier on the Tots version 😉

This looks fab though xx
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve done this week {15th July 2016}….My Profile

3. Christina says:

oh wow!!!! Every year we try to find something special to do for my daughters birthday. She will be 3 in a couple of weeks time and we have been struggling to find something different to do – but i may have just found it!!!! For her first birthday we went to the zoo, for her second birthday we went to Splash landings at Alton Towers, so this would be perfect for her!! So glad that she will be big enough for the tots one!!

4. We had great fun trying Vertigo out too. The Tots course has been designed well and I love the lift up sections so that parents can stay close to nervous little ones
    Sarah | Boo Roo and Tigger Too recently posted…The Class ZebraMy Profile

5. Keitha says:

Oh what fun! This looks very similar to a high ropes course we played on At Great Wolf Lodge in Texas. Makes me want to go again. Thanks for sharing. #countrykids

6. oana79 says:

That is a very reasonable way to entertain children, both old and young! We have a Vertigo in town but it is an indoor trampoline park, not a high rope course, I did think for a minute that it was maybe a franchise of the same thing.xx
    oana79 recently posted…Visiting Mount PilioMy Profile

This looks like a great addition to Drayton Manor, even having to pay extra for it. Isaac looks like he had a ball exploring the higher levels with your hubby, he’s definitely turning into a true adventurer. Eliza and Sebby look like they loved the VertiGO Tots course, it’s fab that they’ve included an area for the little ones too! Thanks for sharing with me on #CountryKids.
    Coombe Mill recently posted…Num Noms Go-Go Cafe PlaysetMy Profile

8. Melody says:

Wow! Your kids are definitely the brave ones. 🙂
    #countrykids

This looks just amazing, it has been years since I have been to Drayton Manor now x
    Rachel recently posted…YOU BEAUTY BOX: THE JET SET EDIT: JULY 2016My Profile

10. Jenni says:

Bless them, they look like they are having the best day ever x
    Jenni recently posted…Love Your Body, It’s The Only One You GetMy Profile

11. gill says:

Your kids look like they are having a whale of a time xx Lovely photos as well x

12. Erica Price says:

Go Isaac! Love that they were all catered for with a suitable course for age.
    Erica Price recently posted…New Smiggle Store In CoventryMy Profile

13. Ooooh just looking at this makes my tummy go! I would be too chicken to do it but I know Joseph would love it! Great price too x
    Kirsty Hijacked By Twins recently posted…Lamb and Chive BakeMy Profile

14. Jen Walshaw says:

that is really great price. We have a very similar high ropes course next to the River Tees here and the boys love visiting it. Yes I have adrenaline junkies as kids too!
    Jen Walshaw recently posted…The World’s 8 Best Waterparks for SummerMy Profile

15. caroline says:

wow, they look so happy. Loving the idea, mine would love to have a go of this, we have been lookng a drayton manor for a day away, but this sells it to me a little more. The prices are really reasonable and worth it to see there little faces 🙂 thank you for sharing 🙂

16. Nikki Thomas says:

That looks amazing and not bad prices either. I love the fact that it is geared for the different age groups too, I know my daredevil son would love this.
    Nikki Thomas recently posted…25 things that aren’t in parenting books (and should be)My Profile

17. Louise says:

Wow I didn’t know they had this at Drayton Manor – it looks awesome and definitely something my kids would love to try. Great price too! x
    Louise recently posted…Comment on “Good evening Sherwood” – Guy Garvey #weloveforests #fcforestlive #sherwoodpines by EmmaMy Profile