Breakfast with the Seals at Weymouth Sea Life Centre

New things to see at SEA LIFE Weymouth

We are frequent visitors to Weymouth SEA LIFE Adventure Park and one of our favourite animals to see there has to be the Common Harbour Seals, Starburst, Web, Smartie, Luna and Sija.

As the kids have got older they are starting to get more and more curious about what the animals eat and are more confident to get up close and personal so I wanted to book them a VIP experience.

There are a few to choose from including private animal feeds with the Penguins, Cownose Rays or the Green Turtles, Breakfast with the Seals or a Behind the Scenes Experience for the ultimate in-depth tour for the ultimate enthusiast but I wanted to break them in gently and decided that Breakfast with the Seals was the one for us.

Feeding the Seals

We met up with their keeper and got to learn about their diet, nutritional plans and their unique personalities. We were provided with gloves to wear and had a whole bucket of fish to feed the seals, trying to get them to do tricks as they fed them. Web (Webby) is very good at waving so you can imagine the kids excitement when she gave them a wave and we managed to get a couple of them to jump and catch their fish too.

Once we had finished our feed, the keeper took another bucket of fish into their enclosure and got them to perform some tricks for us too.

Feeding Sales

After our session with the seals, the experience also includes breakfast and you can choose from a selection of cereals, juice, bacon baps and muffins to ensure you are fuelled and ready to go for a busy day of exploring the Park.

We were also lucky enough to get a VIP tour which was fun and informative. We are regular visitors but having things pointed out to you makes you realise just how much you miss and it is clear that some of the creatures have real personalities and the staff love what they do.

Weymouth Sea Life

One of the kids favourite parts of the Sea Life centre is the new rockpool zone where they were encouraged to gently handle creatures, shown how to squirt a natural water pistol and got to see creatures up close with special underwater camera equipment.

Weymouth Sea Life Centre

Despite it being half term, although busy, the Sea Life centre didn’t feel packed and the kids got to try their hand at crafting and literally walked onto the all rides they wanted to go on.

VIP Experiences cost from £20 per person and are bookable in advance as there are strict limitations on numbers. You can ee my full review of Weymouth Sea Life Centre here.

Disclaimer: We are Weymouth Sea Life Centre Ambassadors and Breakfast with the Seals was organised for us for the purpose of a review. All thoughts and opinions are our own.

18 thoughts on “Breakfast with the Seals at Weymouth Sea Life Centre

1. This looks like an amazing day out! Love all your photo’s! x
    Carolynne @ Mummy Endeavours recently posted…Now You See Me 2 – Goody BagMy Profile

2. Aren’t they cute! we love seeing the seals at Skegness natureland and can’t believe how clever they are
    Natasha Mairs recently posted…Win Alvin and The Chipmunks Summer of Sports DVDMy Profile

3. Ickle Pickle says:

This looks such a great thing to do – we love Sea Life, I wish we had one near us. Loads of fun 🙂 Kaz x
    Ickle Pickle recently posted…In the Jungle CraftsMy Profile

4. We love the sea life centre – always makes a good day out for the kids. Looks like you had a great time too 🙂
    Chelle McCann recently posted…Is It Ok To Give Some Friends The Chop?My Profile

5. Hannah says:

This looks like so much fun! I would love to do this one day x

6. This looks so much fun, it sounds like a really great experience! Love that breakfast is thrown in too 😉
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays… recently posted…Losing Weight with Gravitate : First ImpressionsMy Profile

7. Jen Walshaw says:

What an amazing experience. It is things like this that make lifetime memories for kids. We did something similar with the penguins in the US. My two still love the sealife center at 10 and 11

8. Oh wow I bet that was an amazing experience for the children. We are ambassadors for Birmingham Sea Life but sadly ours doesn’t have seals.
    Sabina @MummyMatters recently posted…Have you met Nancy?My Profile

9. Fozia S says:

Oh this is brilliant! Been thinking to do a VIP experience for my eldest at a zoo or sea life and this has made me want to more!
    Fozia S recently posted…Ramadan In Istanbul, TurkeyMy Profile

10. Sonia says:

Oh I really want to go here, it sounds like a lovely day out. I must plan a holiday down your way next year x
    Sonia recently posted…Kozi Kidz Rain Jacket ReviewMy Profile

11. This sounds amazing, my daughter would love to do this! Lovely photos x

12. I didn’t know you could book experiences like this – my two would love it xx
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…Review: Shark Vacuum Cleaner with Lift AwayMy Profile

13. Anna Nuttall says:

Hi, these are really nice photos and looked like you had a lot of fun! xx
    Anna Nuttall recently posted…Denim shorts – The Ultimate Summer TrendMy Profile

14. gill says:

Lovely post, looks like you had a lovely family day out x

15. Tori Gabriel says:

That is an amazing price for a VIP tour. I was expecting it to be a whole lot more expensive. The seals look so adorable and I love their names.
    Tori Gabriel recently posted…The Photo That Broke My HeartMy Profile

16. Erica Price says:

So nice to get to see behind the scenes and get up a bit closer to the seals.
    Erica Price recently posted…Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill, Birmingham ReviewMy Profile

17. Joanna says:

This looks loads of fun. It’s great that you can book VIP tours never knew that you could. It’s such a great idea for kids that love animals.
    Joanna recently posted…Last Minute Fathers Day Gift IdeasMy Profile

18. I didn’t realise you could book a VIP tour. My girls would absolutely love this as they’re penguin mad. It’s a good price for everything included. May look into it for their next birthday. Hope you had a fun day x