Celebrating Sebby’s Birthday at Hollywood Bowl

We used to love going bowling and used to take Abbey, Callan and Kian frequently when they were younger, but we have never taken Isaac, Eliza and Sebby.

Isaac was invited to a bowling party a few weeks ago but was sadly ill and ever since has been nagging us to take him, so we arranged to go as a treat for Sebby’s birthday.

Our nearest bowling alley is Hollywood Bowl at Tower Park, Poole which has recently undergone a £3 million makeover. Boasting 24 state-of-the-art bowling lanes, they have moved and opened up the bar area, changed the pool tables to money per play rather than a timed session and have a fantastic American style diner where you can eat in comfort, rather than have a basket style meal at the bowling lanes.

The arcade area has also had a makeover with Namco providing the games machines, which include all the arcade favourites as well as air hockey and grabber machines.

Hollywood Bowl

Of course the kids couldn’t wait to get started. We were all set to change our shoes when we were advised that we didn’t have to as were all wearing trainer style shoes. They do still have the traditional bowling shoes to borrow if you wish though.

Setting up the games was easy – it is all done on a tablet on each lane and you can add / amend names, turn the lane bumpers on and off or set them to automatically come on for certain players turns and even re-do a turn.

Hollywood Bowl

It was very clear that Hubby, Kian and I were very out of practice and the littlies took to the lead straight away, aided by having the bumpers up of course.

Hollywood Bowl

Eliza was our little bowling demon and was leading all the way until the end before being pipped to 1st place by Abbey and a couple of strikes.

Hollywood Bowl

Yes, that really is me languishing in last place – I really need some practice sessions!

Bowling over it was time to try out their new diner which served a selection of hot dogs and burgers.

Hollywood Bowl

The kids all wanted to sit in the Ford Mustang table but sadly it wasn’t big enough for all of us, so we took some pictures instead as we waited for our meals to arrive.

Hollywood Bowl

The food was freshly cooked and delicious and everyone cleared their plates before getting stuck into an ice cream treat for dessert.

No visit to the arcade would be complete without taking a couple of turns on the machines. Kian made up for his bowling disappointment by thrashing everyone on the air hockey table, Nanny tried and failed to win a teddy on the grabber machines and the kids had a go on the coin pushers.

Hollywood Bowl

We had a brilliant evening and will certainly be back very soon – I need to make up for my horrendous score and fast!

Hollywood Bowl costs from £5.49 per game for under 16’s and £6.49 for adults which I think is very reasonable and perfect entertainment for a rainy day. Do check their deals online at www.hollywoodbowl.co.uk as they also run events and special offers.

Disclaimer: We were guests of Hollywood Bowl Tower Park for the purpose of a review. All thoughts are our own.

15 thoughts on “Celebrating Sebby’s Birthday at Hollywood Bowl

1. Jen Walshaw says:

My two LOVE bowling and HollywoodBowl is our nearest I have always been impressed with the value and the sevice
    Jen Walshaw recently posted…Pirate booty maths game with gemsMy Profile

2. Evelina says:

What a fabulous day! Looks that you had so much fun.

3. It’s great that you dont even have to change your shoes now x
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…5 Hotspots you can de-clutter in 15 minutes!My Profile

4. Erica Price says:

Bowling is great for a birthday especially when there are different ages to entertain.
    Erica Price recently posted…Umbrellas And HoodsMy Profile

5. My folks love bowling but have only ever been to AMF. Hollywood bowl looks amazing! Can’t wait to visit when I’m a bit older!
    Baby Isabella recently posted…My new friend ‘Inky’ the PaddlepakMy Profile

6. Michelle says:

We have always loved bowling! One of the first dates hubs and I went on was at our local alley! My son also had one of his birthday’s there too. Bowling is great fun for all the family – no matter how young!
    Michelle recently posted…Pink Parcel – June UnboxingMy Profile

Now this looks like a fabulous way to celebrate a birthday and the food looks incredibly good too x
    Rachel recently posted…DHC Bubble Foaming MeshMy Profile

8. Sarah Bailey says:

What an awesome looking place to celebrate – I used to love bowling when I was younger. x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…5 Ways to Save Money on your Household BillsMy Profile

9. laura dove says:

Oh we have a Hollywood bowl nearby and we love it! Bowling is such good fun isn’t it and the diners here are fab. We took all four of the kids bowling last year which was eventful (and expensive!) but most of the time we stick with my eldest! xx
    laura dove recently posted…Making memories.My Profile

10. Looks like really good fun. We haven’t been bowling for a while either but it does make a great rainy day activity.
    Carole at Healthier Mummy recently posted…Toddler snacks review: Organix GoodiesMy Profile

11. I do like going bowling but we haven’t been in ages. It’s great for getting all ages in a family involved. I love that Mustang table!
    nessjibberjabberuk recently posted…Finance Fridays – Travel MoneyMy Profile

12. Everyone seem to have had a great day. The little ones’ happy faces are priceless! And how cool to have a tablet to get your game set-up! 🙂

13. Do you know we’ve never taken T bowling yet. Perhaps it’s because my husband and I aren’t really keen, but would love for her to try it out too.
    Dean of Little Steps recently posted…Let the Countdown BeginMy Profile

14. We haven’t been bowling for ages but I would love to take the kids. The diner loks great too, I wonder if they have good veggie options?
    Nichola – Globalmouse recently posted…A family stay at Palazzo Cicala, Genoa, ItalyMy Profile