Visit Weymouth this Bank Holiday

Weymouth

If you’re on the hunt for things to do over the bank holiday weekend, then start planning your trip to Weymouth.

Located on the South Dorset coast, Weymouth is a seaside town steeped in history, with plenty of family-friendly activities to get the most out of your spring days out. With a long stretch of coast and sandy beach overlooking the bright blue sea, Weymouth is the perfect backdrop for sharing a portion of chips and celebrating the long weekend.

Why not stay at No98, a beautiful contemporary boutique hotel, which overlooks the beautiful Weymouth beach. Located right in the centre of Weymouth by its central clock tower, you can really soak up the seaside atmosphere.

Weymouth Clock Tower

For young families get creative at Weymouth SEA LIFE and visit the Mister Maker Creature Makes event (14th May – 12th June) where you can learn how to create your favourite sea creatures in the interactive craft zone. As you explore SEA LIFE, you’ll also be able to collect the recyclable materials needed to make your very own crafty crab at home!

You could also visit the all new Harbourside display with all sorts of fascinating species that are native to the UK. You’ll be able to see some of their most endangered creatures, such as the endangered Undulate Ray and the near-threatened Blonde Ray. Also in Harbourside you will find special exhibits hosting creature egg cases and if you’re lucky, you might be able to see a new-born species hatch!

Sealife Centre

For fossil hunters, throughout Fossil Week (28th May – 5th June), you can learn about the history of the Jurassic Coast and famous fossil collector, Mary Anning, as you take in the sensational panoramic views from Jurassic Skyline. Whilst learning about the local area’s rich heritage you can enjoy your flight with a refreshing, chilled cider in hand, exclusively designed by local artisan producers Dorset Nectar.

Jurassic Tower

Enjoy the tastes of Weymouth at The Stable restaurant by indulging in a pizza or pie, created with locally sourced ingredients. If you can handle some spice then try out ‘The Weymouth Wailer’ pizza, which uses spicy local chopped pork and Naga chillies. Or, if that doesn’t quite take your fancy, then try ‘The Bucky Doo’ with herb roasted potato and Dorset Blue Vinney cheese – is your mouth watering yet?

Fayre in the Square is a charity fundraiser weekend taking place in Weymouth on 29th & 30th May this year. Attendees can enjoy two days of entertainment along Hope Square & Trinity Road with live bands, street performers, food & drink, crafts and a tombola – fun for all the family! Entry to the event is free, however a suggested donation of £1 will go to associated charities.

Weymouth

Weymouth has lots to offer and a short 10 minutes up the road will take you to Ringstead Bay which is a picturesque pebble and shingle beach with some sand, perfect for fossil hunting.

Ringstead Bay

Have you visited Weymouth, what do you like to do?

Sealife Centre

Image Credit: Chelseamamma and Shutterstock.com

17 thoughts on “Visit Weymouth this Bank Holiday

1. Sonya Cisco says:

Love Weymouth – we visit a lot in summer, we usually pop down on the train as only takes 8 mins and avoids all the traffic!
    Sonya Cisco recently posted…Peanut Butter and White Chocolate BlondiesMy Profile

2. Steph Curtis says:

Oooh, you had me at sandy beach! This is definitely somewhere I’d like to visit x
    Steph Curtis recently posted…Siblings ~ May 2016My Profile

3. Shell Louise says:

We’ve never been to Weymouth but I’d love to go. That clock tower is lovely 🙂
    Shell Louise recently posted…Living with arthritis #ArthritisMattersMy Profile

4. Penny says:

Don’t think I have been yet! Must remedy that 🙂
    Penny recently posted…One Day on Skye – Neist Point and Fairy PoolsMy Profile

5. Stephen says:

Weymouth is part of the world we have never been too, never seem to get further south than Bromley!

6. A great little guide for Weymouth I love your pic of the sealife centre. Something for the entire Bank holiday weekend! X

7. You’ve just reminded me that we haven’t been to the sealife centre near us in ages – maybe it’s time for a return visit x
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve done this week {13th May 2016}….My Profile

8. You have some pretty amazing pictures here! I love most the one with the red clock though! That’s one to print!
    Otilia – @goldsprinkles recently posted…TulipsMy Profile

9. This brings back some childhood memories. Every summer holiday a week or two at Weymouth.

Showing my age bit now but I remember my brother and I paying £1 for a pint glass of prawns with the shell on at the Spyglass pub. Amazing

10. I love Weymouth beach I love the shingle end with the giant rocks to climb and catch crabs off.
    Always on my summer list
    Joanne Dewberry recently posted…Harry Potter | Entering Number 4 Privet DriveMy Profile

11. looks fun, love your layout 🙂

12. I love Weymouth! I have fond childhood memories and would love to go back.
    Lucy Dorrington recently posted…My Sunday Photo; Goat LoveMy Profile

13. Jen says:

There is so much to do in Weymouth, I had many a fun holiday with my Mum and Dad when I was younger
    Jen recently posted…Tomy Toys Zootropolis GiveawayMy Profile

14. So much to do there – I must visit soon, you live in a beautiful part of the county.
    JuggleMum, Nadine Hill recently posted…From career girl to juggle mumMy Profile

15. Erica Price says:

Weymouth does look beautiful and I don’t think I’ve ever been although we have holidayed in the area.
    Erica Price recently posted…The Return of Mr FrostyMy Profile

16. StressedMum says:

Looks like you had a great time, I haven’t been to Weymouth in years x
    StressedMum recently posted…Living with a child who has ME/CFSMy Profile

17. Michelle says:

We have visited Weymouth several times when on holiday down in Dorset. Have actually been to SEA LIFE when there. Was several years ago, when my son was little, but I remember us all having a great time.
    Michelle recently posted…My Week That Was (2) Diets, YouTube, Bedfords Park, Pop in a Box, Woburn Safari ParkMy Profile