A Winter Visit to Thomas Land

Thomas Land

We were first introduced to Drayton Manor when Sebby was a newborn but it was our second visit where we really fell in love with Thomas Land and all the park had to offer. There is nothing better than seeing your child gasp with awe and excitement around every corner as they spot their favourite characters around every corner.

Last weekend we were invited to Drayton Manor, home of Thomas Land for an exclusive event where we got to ride our favourite characters before members of the public were allowed which meant no queues, not that I have ever found them that long on our previous visits.

We followed Sebby’s lead and soon found ourselves flying high aboard Jeremy’s Air Academy.

Thomas Land

Flynn’s Fire and Rescue was next up, although it was too cold to shoot the water jets we enjoyed the ride all the same. Sadly Sebby was just too short to ride Captain’s Sea Adventure, so we watched and waved to Abbey, Isaac and Eliza instead before another flying lesson but this time aboard Harold the helicopter.

Thomas Land

Nothing would persuade the older kids to go on the troublesome trucks rollercoaster although they did bravely ride Bertie Bus and Diesel’s Locomotive Mayhem for the first time, before a more gentle drive in Sodor’s Classic Cars and Winston.

Thomas Land

Around Thomas Land there are a few booth’s where you can win prizes and we decided to have a go at the hook a duck. The joy on Sebby’s face when he won, with Abbey’s help, a James cuddly toy was brilliant and seconds later he met Sir Toppam Hatt too – that was certainly the highlight of his day.

Thomas Land

No trip to Thomas Land would be complete without a ride on some trains and we also boarded the Blue Mountain Engines and got to ride in Clarabel, pulled by Thomas of course.

Thomas Land

At the other end of the line is the chance to ride on Terence the Tractor and see the Thomas & Friends™ Exhibition in Farmer McColls Farm.

Thomas Land

Sadly the bigger rides at Drayton Manor were closed, but the zoo was open and we got to see some very real looking dinosaurs as well as snakes, monkey’s, meerkats, lynx and a rather hungry looking black panther who was pacing his cage.

Drayton Manor

I was really impressed with the facilities in the park too. The toilets and baby changing rooms were modern, warm and clean and the restaurants served reasonably priced food with a family meal deal costing £20 for four (season pass holders also get a 20% discount on food and in the shops).

Thomas Land

It may have been a cold and grey day, but it felt warm and sunny thanks to the excitement of all the children and we cannot wait to come back soon, do some of the bigger rides too and experience the what the rest of the park has to offer.

We were invited to Drayon Manor Theme Park as guests in exchange for this post.  This is our entry for the brand ambassador role for 2016.

30 thoughts on “A Winter Visit to Thomas Land

1. Steph says:

I love all of your photos! Thomas Land looks fab – my 4 year old is desperate to visit! x
    Steph recently posted…Visiting the LibraryMy Profile

2. This looks like a fabulous place to visit for Thomas fans. I wish I’d managed to take my son before he outgrew the show!
    Nell@PigeonPairandMe.com recently posted…Could you win the London Museum Dash sweepstake?My Profile

3. Candace says:

It really looks like you all had such a fantastic time at Thomas Land. think those smiles speak volumes

4. Thomas Land looks fantastic. My boys would have loved this when they were little. Mind you I bet they’d still enjoy it now at 7 & 8. x
    Lisa Backsnbumps recently posted…Darcey’s 2 month updateMy Profile

5. Kizzy says:

We went quite a few years ago, I think its time we made a revisit.
    Kizzy recently posted…My love of books #worldbookday2016My Profile

6. Grant R says:

It looks brilliant. It’s a bit too far for us (Glasgow) but it looks like an amazing place 🙂
    Grant R recently posted…Win Oscar Best Picture Winner ‘Spotlight’ on DVDMy Profile

7. Haven’t been but hope to, thank you for all your tips!
    Jemma@listoflovelythings.com recently posted…A little announcement…..My Profile

8. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I’d love to take my kids there, hopefully we’ll go soon.
    Louise (Squished Blueberries) recently posted…I failed at World Book Day 2016My Profile

9. It looks so great there, I can’t wait to take Toby!xx
    Hannah Budding Smiles recently posted…My Top 10 Favourite Toby-isms of FebruaryMy Profile

10. Erica Price says:

Looks like they all had a great day. There’s always a lot to do at Drayton Manor.
    Erica Price recently posted…H is a SeconderMy Profile

11. loved Thomas land when we went last summer. It had loads of rides and little J had a ball. Look like you all did too.
    Michelle Murray recently posted…Cycling From London to Paris for CharityMy Profile

12. Emma White says:

II so wish we lived closer as the boys would love to visit
    Emma White recently posted…Being Halcyon – Blogger In The SpotlightMy Profile

13. Jen says:

My boys LOVED Thomas Land when they were younger. It is perfectly pitched at that age group and so much fun. I love that there is so much for kids to do and then the trill rides in Drayton Maner
    Jen recently posted…Pop-up Spoon ChicksMy Profile

14. Even though you visited in Winter time it looks like you had great fun. We’re not too big on Thomas yet in this household but love the zoo element of the park! Thanks for sharing your trip x
    Baby Isabella recently posted…Alice in Wonderland treatsMy Profile

15. Kerry norris says:

Drayton Manor is definetley one of the better parks for little ones. We loved it and it looks like it’s been expanded since we last went. Will definetley go again this year. Good luck with the entry x
    Kerry norris recently posted…But what about me?!My Profile

16. I used to love Thomas when I was younger, I can’t believe that it is still running. When did Thomas come out and I would love to visit Thomas land too.
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…Brand Spotlight: ESpritMy Profile

It does sound like an absolutely amazing place to visit and the more posts I read, the more I think my nephew would love it x
    Rachel recently posted…Mothers Day with L’OccitaneMy Profile

18. Orli says:

What a lovely visit! My kids were really into Thomas when they were younger, they would have liked this park so much!
    Orli recently posted…On Brussels and Belgian chocolateMy Profile

19. Tori Gabriel says:

I am so desperate to visit as my daughter is obsessed with Thomas (it’s on a DVD loop right now as I type). I might organise something for her birthday in October.

20. Mel says:

This really looks like the ideal first theme park for little ones: my girls would love it, and I’m sure my 7yo boy would be happy to go in the rides with them x

21. Gemma says:

We love thomasland! Looks like you had a great time!
    Gemma recently posted…Update on my fitness and weight lossMy Profile

22. Sonya Cisco says:

Did you go just for the day? How long did it take you to get there? I always thought it was too far away from us, but if you managed it maybe it isnt!
    Sonya Cisco recently posted…Looking Forward to Camp Bestival 2016My Profile

23. Joanna says:

I can’t wait to take Blake there when he is a little older!
    It looks such fun, I love ur photos.
    Joanna recently posted…Nursery Decor IdeasMy Profile

24. What an amazing time you all had at Thomas Land, we love visiting – always so much to do there.
    Sarah | Boo Roo and Tigger Too recently posted…The family guide to Thomas Land™ at Drayton ManorMy Profile

25. Lat time we went it was spring and although we still enjoyed the day we spent most of it freezing and soaking! We even had to but new trousers for our son as his were so so wet lol I imagine it’s a much better experience in summer x
    Georgina davies / prince recently posted…What they wore: World book dayMy Profile

26. My daughter used to love Thomas and His Friends when she was a toddler. She’s five now, but I have a feeling she will still enjoy visiting Thomas Land 😉
    Dean of Little Steps recently posted…Being T’s MumMy Profile

27. Jennifer says:

It looks like you had a fantastic day! We’ve never made it to Thomas Land and I must admit I had thought that mine were getting a little old for it, but it looks as though there is plenty to do for even older ones, I can see lots that my two would love.
    Jennifer recently posted…Crafting for Easter with Springboard SuppliesMy Profile

28. Sarah Ebner says:

This sounds so brilliant – such fun. I especially love that pic with the cuddly James. I know mine would have been so happy to have won that when they were small!
    Sarah Ebner recently posted…What to do in Norwich (by all of us!)My Profile