A Spring Stroll around Christchurch

Christchurch

After three weeks of the lurgy going through everyone in the house finally everyone was back to school, so I took advantage of the sunny weather and decided to take Sebastian out for a walk.

I gave him a choice of where he wanted to go and he decided that he wanted to feed the ducks. The best spot locally for feeding ducks is Christchurch so we jumped in the car and headed over with our bread.

On the drive over we drove over the Avon Causeway and although we had some dreadful weather the day before I wasn’t expecting the river to have burst its banks. I was a little concerned our walk may be jeopardized but continued on.

Thankfully when we arrived we found the river swollen to bursting, but it had not quite broken its banks so our walk would be ok.

Christchurch

There was a problem though – not a duck to be seen!

We carried on our walk in the hope we would happen across some eventually, but Sebastian was quite happy picking up sticks and throwing them into the river, watching as they floated downstream. We also saw lots of birds including Robins and Blue Tits who were busily singing away as they built their nests.

Christchurch

Finally we found some ducks, although not on the scale we normally see, with just one or two dotted around. I am not sure if the water levels have made them find shelter of whether they are nesting already as I only saw one female.

Christchurch

It may not have been a completely successful duck feeding adventure, but we had a wonderful time running up and down the paths and spent ages watching the birds before heading around the corner to surprise Daddy at work.

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

18 thoughts on “A Spring Stroll around Christchurch

1. nInajcat says:

OOOH beautiful pictures , I have yet to get a good pictures of a robin there camera shy for me !
    nInajcat recently posted…Bills Restaurant NottinghamMy Profile

2. Globalmouse says:

Where have all the ducks gone?! Lovely photos, you are so brilliant at getting out and about.
    Globalmouse recently posted…A family stay at the Aloft London Excel HotelMy Profile

3. What a lovely place for a stroll! Love the photos of the robins, they’re one of my favourite birds.
    Michelle Ordever recently posted…How To Make Shamrock BalloonsMy Profile

4. Oh your photos are gorgeous. I’ve had flu for over a week but can’t wait to take my new girl and new buggy on adventures like this although increasingly they’re quickly becoming not so new – how time flies.
    I love the robin red breast and that you’re gonna surprise Daddy at work 🙂 xx
    Liska @NewMumOnline recently posted…Our Belated Mother’s DayMy Profile

5. Christchurch is beautiful, we often like to visit when we are in the area. Shame there were few ducks around, but sounds like you made the most of the fresh air anyway. #CountryKids

6. Awww looks like a lovely weather. We are recovering from a week of sickness too and we cant wait to go out as well! #countrykids
    Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) recently posted…For The First Time Since ForeverMy Profile

7. Jen says:

What fab pic od the robin. It certainly does look like spring has sprung where you are. We are still waiting!
    Jen recently posted…Fun Phonics Game with Tsum TsumsMy Profile

8. Such a pretty place to walk around and hunt for ducks X #countrykids

9. Happy to hear you’re feeling better. Your photos are fabulous. Here’s to warmer weather and spending even more time outside enjoying the sun x
    Izzie Anderton recently posted…The Blog Spot Interview – Joy JacksonMy Profile

10. oana79 says:

Beautiful spring shots, I have admired your robin ones on Instagram this week.xx

11. I’ve never been to Christchurch, it looks nice! Our ducks have gone into nesting now, I can’t wait for the ducklings to arrive!xx
    Hannah Budding Smiles recently posted…A Letter To My HusbandMy Profile

12. Anosa says:

I was surprised by how many areas where flooded near me after what seemed like little rains during the night but apparently it was enough. Glad you both had fun even if the duck adventure wasn’t the same as before
    Anosa recently posted…I would love to travel butMy Profile

13. We were at Sopley Mill for a wedding the other day and drove pass Avon. Looks like you had a lovely time. Glad the lurgy is on its way out! #CountryKids x
    Baby Isabella recently posted…Cat crazy at Belfast CastleMy Profile

14. DannyUK.com says:

I’d have thought that there’d be more ducks than ever with the water so high. Shows what I know! Looks like he had a lot of fun!
    DannyUK.com recently posted…Bearded Backchat with Stevie from A Cornish MumMy Profile

15. Sonya Cisco says:

I had grandparents in Christchurch growing up and everytime I do that walk I am reminded of them. Such a pretty town x
    Sonya Cisco recently posted…A Day Trip to LondonMy Profile

It’s fab that everyone’s on the mend again in your house, I bet you were chomping at the bit to get outside and enjoy some fresh air with Sebby. That river is incredibly high but at least it was kind enough to not burst its banks so you could enjoy your stroll and search for ducks. I wonder where all the ducks could have gone, it is unusual for them to not come at the sound of bread but at least you found some eventually! Thanks for linking up with me on #CountryKids.
    Coombe Mill recently posted…Visiting the Imperial War Museum in LondonMy Profile

17. I’m glad you’re all better now as you’ve had a rotten time of late. Sebby looks delighted to be out and about.
    nessjibberjabberuk recently posted…Finance Fridays – Mobile payment appsMy Profile

18. The ducks were probably keeping warm somewhere but it sound like you both had a nice day with a surprise for Dad at the end! I like the photos Kara!
    JuggleMum, Nadine Hill recently posted…The Secrets of Inner ConfidenceMy Profile