Snowy Fun in France

Like most children my kids adore the snow, but living on the south coast of England it is something we see only once every few years, so when we were forecast snow when on holiday in Normandy we all hoped it would be enough to build a snowman and have a snowball fight.

It started snowing on Wednesday evening as the kids went to bed but I wasn’t hopeful it would come to much as it seemed very wet and by the time we went to bed it had stopped altogether. Thankfully it must have upped its game overnight and we were treated to a blanket of snow covering everything the following morning, much to the kids delight, although I did have to stop them going out whilst it was still dark!

Finally we got outside and snow angels were the first order of the day, followed by a snowball fight and then snowman building.

Eco Gites Lenault

The snow was lovely and sticky, unlike the stuff we get at home so we managed to build a nice big snowman and Rosie, from Eco Gites of Lenault, came to our rescue with a carrot for his nose and some funky headwear.

Eco Gites Lenault

By now Daddy had come outside to join in the fun, which meant one thing: “Snowball fight!”

We paused play to feed the chickens and pigs whom, apart from Boris (Daddy Pig), were not keen on playing in the snow themselves and then we headed inside to warm up.

Eco Gites Lenault

It was clear that the snow wasn’t going to last all day so we headed out a couple more times to make the most of it, with Kian being persuaded outside to join in too.

Eco Gites Lenault

I think the snow day really made the holiday for the kids as they got to enjoy sun at the beach and snow all in one week – what could be better?
Eco Gites Lenault

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Lou Messugo

29 thoughts on “Snowy Fun in France

1. Candace says:

Looks like you all had such a fantastic time playing out in the snow. Glad you made a fun day of it instead of letting it dampen your holiday fun
    Candace recently posted…Benefit Brow Shaping KitMy Profile

2. Charly Dove says:

Oh how awesome Kara, must have been brilliant fun for them all. Poor POD keeps asking if we’re going to get snow soon – she’s desperate to build a snowman! Sounds like you had a fab time x
    Charly Dove recently posted…The top European city breaks for familiesMy Profile

3. I love the snow and really miss it since we moved down South. We had a few more snowy days up north. I love a good snowball fight.

Laura x
    Mummy Lala (Laura) recently posted…Work Entitlements Around the Globe – Is the Grass Greener?My Profile

4. It sounds like you’ve had a fantastic holiday and the photos of the kids having fun in the snow are brilliant x
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…Small things that make me smile {February 2016}….My Profile

5. Your photos are fab! You can tell you had so much fun. We’ve had no snow where we live, poor Lamb is desperate to build a snowman! xx
    Alex Lamb & Bear recently posted…Bonprix Maternity Style ChallengeMy Profile

6. Snow always makes everything looks magical and kids love it so much I’m not surprised it made their holiday. If you feel like heading further south in France next time in winter I can guarantee you snow and sun at our gîte which is one of the best things about it. We are so close to the mountains and sea that those 2 are possibilities even on the same day! You’ll see what I mean in my recent post on reasons to holiday on the Côte d’Azur.
    Phoebe @ Lou Messugo recently posted…28 reasons to holiday with toddlers on the Côte d’AzurMy Profile

7. I’ve never been in France when it’s snowed – I’ve always gone in the warmer months. Looks as though you had a fantastic time, with all the animals too! recently posted…Team Honk day-long London museum dash for Sport Relief, Saturday 19 March #passtheproudMy Profile

8. Jen says:

Normandy is beautiful any time of the year, but it looks wonderful with Snow. It looks like you had a fanastic time

9. Sonia says:

Oh I’m so jealous, we haven’t had a flake of snow this year! Looks like you all had an amazing time x
    Sonia recently posted…Instagram Weekly 15th-21st Feb 2016My Profile

10. There’s nothing more lovely than the entire family getting to play outside in the snow. Can’t believe that you spent time at the beach and had snow in the same week!
    Izzie Anderton recently posted…Eurovision 2016 and why it’s OK to tweet after wineMy Profile

11. We certainly had fun didn’t we??!!
    Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault recently posted…Animal Tales – 58My Profile

12. I prefer the sun but there is something so magical about the snow and the world being covered in gorgeous white snow. I love that snowman what a solid effort.
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…Free Kesha!My Profile

13. oh wow sun and snow in my week now that is my kind of a getaway, I only managed to play in the snow when I went to prague last month now yet to enjoy some sun on the beach.

14. oana79 says:

Emma has dreamed of snow all winter too but she didn’t get her wish. But who knows, a few years back we had loads in March so never say never, right :-)?xx
    oana79 recently posted…Kitchen Trotter – A ReviewMy Profile

15. Emma White says:

oh I don’t like the snow I much prefer the sun but kids on the other hand adore the snow
    Emma White recently posted…Freddie And I – Blogger In The SpotlightMy Profile

16. Lilinha says:

I absolutely love snow, shame we don’t have snow often in London. I hope it comes soon. Beautiful pictures, seems like you had a fantastic time! 🙂

Aw bless, look how happy the small ones look with their snowman, priceless x
    Rachel recently posted…You Beauty Box – February 2016My Profile

18. The L's Mum says:

Aw it looks amazing and so much fun. You right sun and snow in one week is like a dram for kids, they must, and you and included, had such a fab holiday week. Sounds like a great place to go.
    The L’s Mum recently posted…Meal Plan – W/C 22nd February 2016My Profile

19. The snow can be fun at times. looks like everyone had a blast x
    angela hamilton recently posted…MumtreatsMy Profile

I can see how a snow day would really make your holiday special, like you we rarely see any and I am looking at your photos with envy. Some great photos here and lovely snowball fight. My kids would have found this the best day too, handy to have the gite right there to pop in and warm up between snow play sessions. I bet there were some frosty fingers! So pleased to hear Kian came out to join in too.

21. Anne says:

I do love the snow, it can be so much fun. Of course parents are required to be standing targets during a snowball fight for sure 🙂 I love your snowman too. What a wonderful time you are having x
    Anne recently posted…Sassy Kids Box Review – the Popcorn Olympics.My Profile

22. It looks like they all had so much fun and Boris the pig is so cute!
    JuggleMum, Nadine Hill recently posted…Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancakes with PrimulaMy Profile

23. Tots2travel says:

I love the way parents regress when playing in the snow. We are all children again.

24. There is nothing that beats asnowball fight with the family.So glad you had a chance to enjoy the snow before it all melted.
    Nayna Kanabar recently posted…Dairy Free Mango Ice cream (three Ingredients)My Profile

25. Joanna says:

I’m not keen on snow myself but can’t wait for it to snow again and for Blake to experiance it! I feel that having children makes everything more magical.
    Joanna recently posted…Car Seat Buying GuideMy Profile

26. Michelle says:

Sun and snow in the same week – awesome! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun!

27. Jenni says:

This looks like a fab day in the snow. I’m looking forward to the first snowman we make with Lucas and seeing his face when he sees snow for the first time x
    Jenni recently posted…Henry J Socks Review And GiveawayMy Profile

28. Grant R says:

There are few things so magical as a child as a good haul of snow. The skies open and you are delivered a fresh batch of stuff to play with. Brilliant!

It looks like you got the good snow too – the stuff that you can actually build with. That’s a cracking snowman! It looks like you had a great holiday 🙂
    Grant R recently posted…Dad Makes Up Silly Things To DoMy Profile