Back to Farmer Palmers for some Winter Fun!

Farmer Palmers

We are huge fans of Farmer Palmers in Dorset, so much so that we are annual pass holders, however, Farmer Palmers closes down annually between Christmas and the first week of February for routine maintenance so we have been itching to get back for a while.

We got there in time for opening and Sebastian couldn’t wait to go inside. I decided to let him lead in and he was straight into the barn to see the animals and started the queue to cuddle a guinea pig. He loved stroking it until it wriggled and then he decided enough was enough and wanted to head outside to find the pigs.

Farmer Palmers

The pigs were very pleased to see us and as soon as they spotted us they headed over, squelching in the mud as they came – I did think they may have been expecting to be fed but Sebby stood there talking to them for ages.

Also outside we saw some Rhea, one whom stalked us all the way around the pen, sheep, goats, Turkey’s, chickens and geese. We wandered around for ages before heading back in time to feed the lambs.

Farmer Palmers

Sebastian then decided he was heading for the park area and it was lovely to see all the new playhouses that have been out in – they really add to the look of the farm and are such an improvement. Sebby also made me take him for a spin on a go-kart – I need more practice as was shattered by the end of it.

Farmer Palmers

It is lovely to see how much Sebby has come on since our last visit in December, as this time he was climbing the frames confidently and pulling the sand buckets up and down.

Farmer Palmers

We finished our visit to Farmer Palmers with some fun in the slide barn and then a ride on the bumpy tractor before heading home for lunch.

We cannot wait until our next visit.

18 thoughts on “Back to Farmer Palmers for some Winter Fun!

1. This looks like a fun place to visit with children and even better when you have an annual pass isn’t it? I use to love visiting farms and used to live next door to one too!
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…I Am A Blogger Because…My Profile

2. Ickle Pickle says:

This looks such a great place – we love lambs and are heading to our farm attraction next weekend to see them. Kaz x
    Ickle Pickle recently posted…Photo a day Week 7My Profile

Never mind the kids, I think I would love it here. What a great day out x
    Rachel recently posted…Lush Mechanic SoapMy Profile

4. Emma says:

Wow, that looks like a great place to visit! I wish we were nearer. x
    Emma recently posted…Space themed sensory tubMy Profile

5. Idaintyit says:

Loving the big grin with the guinea pig lol so cute! It looks like such a good day out, L would love this
    Idaintyit recently posted…Baby ShowerMy Profile

6. Keri-Anne says:

That picture of him with the guinea pig is the sweetest!!! And i love his little jumper. x

7. Alana says:

That looks like a really fun day out. It’s nice when you don’t go somewhere for a while and then you see just how much your little one has grown in the meantime.

8. We were so excited to get back to Farmer Palmers, we missed it so much over the weekend! I missed those yummy chocolate cakes in the cafe too 😉 xx

9. That’s such a fun day out – even at 10 and 13 I know my two would still love this x
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…How to save money when you’re planning a wedding….My Profile

10. Tori Gabriel says:

This sounds like a brilliant day out with the kids. Farms are so much fun. I wish we were nearer.

It’s always fab to see your Farmer Palmers posts, you always seem to have such a great time there! It’s lovely to hear that Sebby’s gaining in confidence and coming on leaps and bounds, although I’m sure you’re nervous watching him climb up on his own. Sebby looks so pleased to have the guinea pig on his lap, that photo really is so cute. Thanks for linking up with me on #CountryKids.

12. This looks like such a fab place! so much fun, we have a similar place near us and Boo had so much fun when we went in the summer, we will have to go again this year
    Jenni – Odd Socks and Lollipops recently posted…73 QuestionsMy Profile

13. This looks like a wonderful day out. There is so much to do, I think Baby would love it x
    You Baby Me Mummy recently posted…Week 14 #LittleFierceOnes Round-UpMy Profile

14. What a fun place for kids. In fact I would love to feed the lambs, can I come with you next time please!
    mellissa williams recently posted…My Spring 2016 Swimsuit WishlistMy Profile

15. “The pigs were pleased to see us!” That is so cute – I bet the kids really love going there! Glad you are having fun!
    JuggleMum, Nadine Hill recently posted…On a Canvas CountdownMy Profile

16. That looks like such a great place to visit! I wish we had somewhere like this near where we live. Those little houses look so much fun, my little two would love it here. xx
    Lindsay @ Newcastle Family Life recently posted…Other Bloggers Family Lives Featuring North East Family FunMy Profile

17. Jen says:

My boys always life at things like this as my FIL is a farmer and the boys just see it as hard work! They don’t want to visit the farm parts, just the play areas!
    Jen recently posted…Rainbow rainmaker or rainstick – Cardboard tube craftMy Profile

18. Wow that looks like so much fun, its great having an annual pass for somewhere like this and I love Seb’s face with the guinea pig. Farm animals and parks to play on never seem to get old, mine both still love this sort of thing.
    The Mummy Diary recently posted…Visiting the Fairies at The Trentham EstateMy Profile