Lets all live #HealthilyEverAfter with Disney

Sandbanks

Do you struggle to get your children off their computers and out to play?

How about turning their favourite Disney film into an adventure?

#HealthilyEverAfter is Disney’s new campaign to inspire life-long healthier behaviours in families through story-telling, imagination, fun and play.

Getting the kids outdoors on a daily basis is not only good for their health as visits to the beach, building dens, jumping in muddy puddles and having stick sword fights is also good for their immune system, as when the children come into contact with dirt in a natural way (outside) and on a regular basis, they are less likely to develop autoimmune disorders and allergies but being out in the cool air can help bring down temperatures and make them feel better.”

Why not transport the kids to Neverland and use Peter Pan and Captain Hook as inspiration for a day at the beach?

We love the animated Peter Pan film and the visions of Peter, Wendy, Tinkerbell and the boys zooming across the rooftops of London make our kids want to take flight. Add in the drama of pirates out at sea and who can resist?”

A-Ha Me Hearties, there be a ship of pirates anchored off Never Land, commanded by Captain Hook with his sidekick, Mr. Smee” – can you see them in the distance?

Neverland

Children’s imaginations never fail to astound me and just a line like this will trigger their imaginations. You can tailor your story to your surroundings and even continue it over days and weeks. Perhaps you have to hide from Captain Hook, or learn to fly like Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. Where do they live? – perhaps build a den with a special small room for tiny Tinkerbell.

Neverland

You could even take the story to a port or a museum and climb aboard a Pirate Ship. See where the Pirates slept, be surprised at how heavy a cannonball is and pretend to fire at the enemy!

HealthilyEverAfter

Perhaps Pocahontas is more your style. She once said that it’s important to “run the hidden pine trails of the forest” and “taste the sunsweet berries of the Earth so why not teach the children to appreciate nature. You don’t have to go far to find nature, even your back garden can be a treasure trove of mini beasts, but running free in a park and feeling the wind through your hair is exhilarating.

HealthilyEverAfter

Pocahontas believed that “forests are a playground” and “why bother with walking when you can roll down every open hill?” I like her style! We adore days out to the forest, building dens, playing with sticks, climbing trees and of course rolling down the biggest hill we can find!

HealthilyEverAfter

Living #HealthilyEverAfter isn’t just about play – check out this short video for more inspiration on this new campaign from Disney.

I understand that with the recent weather it is not always easy to get them outside, but if you see a break in the rain, even for a few minutes, it is better than nothing to get that little bit of fresh air. We are now hoping for some snow so we can recreate our favourite Frozen moments and have been practising climbing our version snowy mountains, which although indoors, was a great way to get rid of all that excess energy!

Week One!

This post is part of Disney’s #HealthilyEverAfter campaign with BritMums, sponsored by Disney. Share your stories and be inspired at DisneyHealthyLiving.co.uk and live Heathily Ever After (#HealthilyEverAfter).

18 thoughts on “Lets all live #HealthilyEverAfter with Disney

1. Globalmouse says:

What a brilliant campaign – really impressed that Disney are putting hteir name to it, such a great idea.
    Globalmouse recently posted…A family stay at the Shangri-la’s Golden Sands Resort, Penang, MalaysiaMy Profile

2. Kate Holmes says:

Really inspirational post giving lots of great ideas for fun and learning too. Commenting for myself and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part.

3. Ickle Pickle says:

This is a great campaign – we love getting outdoors whenever we can. Your photos are lovely! Kaz x
    Ickle Pickle recently posted…Positive ThinkingMy Profile

4. Jen says:

I believe that anything that encourages kids to get outdoors is a great thing. Your kids seem to thrive outdoors. Mine spend a load of time today playing football outside. In fact Maxi’s hands wee blue when he came home!
    Jen recently posted…Heart Jar Luminaries – A simple kids valentines craftMy Profile

5. This is an amazing idea. Wr try and get outdoors as much as we can too. Love your photos x
    the house that never rests recently posted…Buying Our First HouseMy Profile

6. What a great idea for a campaign – my two are always happy to get outdoors in the nice weather but not so much over the Winter x
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…Super Soup – Spicy Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup {Healthy, Delicious and great for Slimming World}….My Profile

7. What a great campaign. My kids were devastated this morning that the snow wasn’t very deep but they still went out and started making snow creatures.
    Ness @ JibberJabberUK recently posted…Sunday Snap – The other Elizabethan ElizabethMy Profile

8. What a great campaign! I find it very difficult to get my teens outside, but this would have worked when they were younger.

9. Helen Neale says:

Awesome idea. Lids imagination is very important and we all should encourage it.
    Helen Neale recently posted…50+ awesome Valentines Day printables for kidsMy Profile

10. Ah Disney, great for so many things, we have been outside this morning building a snowman and my toddler loves to run around and sing like Belle does in Beauty and the Beast! =)
    Jenni – Odd Socks and Lollipops recently posted…My Sunday Photo 17th January 2016My Profile

11. Kizzy says:

Such a great idea. I love using the kids imaginations along side exercise by making up stories as we go.
    Kizzy recently posted…#MySundayPhoto – FrostMy Profile

12. Natalie Ray says:

What a great idea. In fairness to my little ones, it doesn’t take much at all to get them outdoors but I totally understand that as children get older, they do get more attached to tech and more reluctant to get out and about so I’m sure this would be a great way to get them active.x

13. Eve says:

This is a brilliant idea, and you’re right, kids imaginations are amazing.

14. Tori Gabriel says:

What a brilliant campaign. I am slowly introducing my girls to the classics. So far my Toddler is stuck on Frozen (is any toddler not?!) but she also likes Oliver and Company and The Little Mermaid.

15. I think anything that we and the brands they engage with can do to help the next generation be healthier is a fabulous thing. Mich x
    Michelle Twin Mum recently posted…Grace in Small ThingsMy Profile

16. Brilliant idea, I love it. I do find it gets harder as they get older though – pulling my eldest away from his computer gets trickier!!
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays… recently posted…Leicester’s Music & Comedy Venue launch ‘The Kitchen’My Profile

17. What a great campaign by Disney! #HealthilyEverAfter sounds like a good initiative 🙂 we try and get out as much as possible too x Make believe is such an important part of our outdoor adventures. Love your beach photos! Captain Hook better be scared 😉
    Baby Isabella recently posted…Fairytales at Stourhead, National TrustMy Profile