Eliza’s 5th Birthday – The Princess Party

Eliza's Princess Party

Last year Eliza, like many girls her age, was heavily into the film Frozen and had requested a Frozen themed party. She had such an amazing time that, almost from the end of her 4th birthday, she wanted a Princess Party again but I have to admit that I thought she would change her mind.

In October I contacted the company that I had used last year to request their services again, but sadly they were only doing Charity events, however the lady who had played the character of Anna last year had set up her own company.

The Imaginarium, based in Dorset, promised to help bring magic to everyday experiences; have a natural talent for parties and event planning, turning your special day into something extraordinary! Having worked with Professor Ellie Imagination a couple of times I was confident that she would ensure that Eliza and her friends has the best time and I was not wrong.

I hired our local community centre which has a main hall and a smaller room with a small kitchenette which is perfect for setting up the tables for food. Having had two parties here last year we were on a roll with setting up and it only took us half an hour, although I did make all the food earlier that morning and Nanny brought along some scrummy cakes.

The Princesses arrived 15 minutes before the party was due to start and we hid them in a large storage cupboard so as not to spoil the surprise (sorry Ladies). Eliza had asked for Ariel, Cinderella or Snow White and I was not one to disappoint. The tables were set up with paper plates, cups and serviettes of all three princesses from Party Bags and Supplies, the decorations were recycled from Eliza’s party last year and the amazing cake which picked out Snow White and Ariel’s colours was made by Helen from Scrumptilicious Cakes in Poole.

Eliza's Princess Party

Kian was DJ for the day and had music playing whilst the kids arrived, who were oblivious to what was in store. Abbey was the first to get her face painted which soon encouraged the younger ones to follow suit.

It was then time for the Princesses to join in the fun with Ariel arriving first to the song ‘Part of your World’ where she led a Sing-a-Long and some bubble fun before introducing Snow White who sang ‘With a Smile and a Song’ live! Cinderella was then introduced, arriving with ‘Bibbidi Bobbidy Boo’ and talks about her love of dancing before selecting a “willing” participant to teach the waltz. I have to admit I was hoping Hubby would be picked but my niece had other ideas and picked a very reluctant Mark to dance instead.

Eliza's Princess Party

The Princesses made everyone feel welcome and I think some of the mum’s in the room were as excited to see them as the kids were and even commented on how authentic they looked. I think the kids would have been happy just chatting to the Princesses but there were games to play and the party host got things started with pass the parcel, whilst some children chose to have their faces painted or glitter tattoos.

Parachute Games followed with Bubble Bounce, Making Waves & Deep Sea Divers and then the best game of Musical Statues I have ever played as instead of traditional statues they had to pose as their favourite Dwarf from Snow White and a very raucous game of the Bean Game!

Eliza's Princess Party

It was then time for the food break and the kids got stuck into traditional party food which included tiara shaped sandwiches, sausage rolls, pizza, fruit and veg and of course crisps and cakes followed by the cake presentation.

Eliza's Princess Party

We finished the party with storytime, followed by a treasure hunt and finally the opportunity to take photos, a certificate presentation for each child and the final Princess Goodbyes.

Eliza's Princess Party

I have to admit I didn’t want to cut into that beautiful cake, but it had to be eaten so each child had a slice of cake in their handmade fabric party bags which were made by my friend Joanne. The bags were a gift in themselves but I also added a princess pencil (Pirates for the boys), bubbles and a small bag of sweets.

Eliza's Princess Party

I have to say Professor Ellie Imagination and her team were fantastic from beginning to end. They led and joined in the party games, gently encouraged even the shy children to join in and took time to speak to each and every child at the party and stayed after all the guests had gone and spent a little more time with Eliza before they had to leave.

If you are looking for children’s party entertainers in Dorset then I can highly recommend The Imaginarium. They cater for both boys and girls and are introducing science parties very soon.

27 thoughts on “Eliza’s 5th Birthday – The Princess Party

1. Suz says:

Aww sounds like everyone had a fantastic time! Princess parties are the best! Suz x beauisblue.com

2. Calvin says:

Awesome! I’m a single dad planning his daughter’s 7th birthday party which will be.. surprise surprise! A Disney princess party! LOL Thanks for sharing this, I will definitely checkout The Imaginarium.

3. Lindsay says:

4. susankmann says:

What a wonderful party. I bet she had a great time xx
    susankmann recently posted…Biggest Brother And Little Sister Love – Weekly Photo Week 5My Profile

5. What a great party, I bet your princess loved it #magicmoments
    Louise Fairweather recently posted…The Passport PhotoMy Profile

6. I looks like she had such a wonderful day.
    A hall is definitely the way to go, Emmy’s is on Sunday and I’m so disorganised
    Clare @ Emmys Mummy recently posted…Project 366: 24th – 30th January 2016My Profile

7. Oh wow, what an amazing party, I am sure your daughter will be talking about this for years to come, you made her dream come.
    Miranda (Anosa) recently posted…January 2016 sponsors My Profile

8. Jenni says:

This is an amazing party, you are the best mummy, lots of fun x
    Jenni recently posted…The Boys Shopping HaulMy Profile

9. Oh wow, what a wonderful party this looks and the cake, it is stunning x
    Rachel – Beautyqueenuk recently posted…MeruMaya Iconic Youth SerumMy Profile

10. Sonia says:

Looks like she had an amazing time! I can’t believe she is 5 now! She’s grown up so fast! x
    Sonia recently posted…Serene Surprises Subscription Box ReviewMy Profile

11. What a fab party, my daughter would love this. She’s been asking for a princess party but has recently said she wants a fairy party! No doubt whatever I plan will be wrong!!
    caroline magovern recently posted…10 Things I Remind Myself of DailyMy Profile

12. Orli says:

Wow! What an amazing party! It’s one of the things I will never be able to do (and always wished I could). I only got to throw one (!) big birthday party the only year my eldest wanted it, and even that one wasn’t as gorgeous as yours 🙂 How are you going to top it up next year? 😉
    Orli recently posted…All about Berlin part 1 – confusion and foodMy Profile

13. That looks amazing! I bet she hasn’t stopped talking about it yet x
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…Riso Al Salto – A great way to use up leftover risotto….My Profile

14. What an amazing party. It sounds like Eliza and friends all had a fantastic time x
    Lisa backsnbumps recently posted…Valentine Gifts for HerMy Profile

15. Jen says:

What a fantastic day. She just looks so happy during all of it. What a magical, memorable party

16. Awww look how happy she is! what a beautiful party!! The cake was lovely too x
    angela hamilton recently posted…Thank You BuzzFeedMy Profile

17. Ickle Pickle says:

What a fantastic party for her – bless her, she looks so happy. Pickle would love this – though he is a boy, he loves Elsa and Anna! Well done for such a great party. Kaz x
    Ickle Pickle recently posted…Five January HighlightsMy Profile

18. Eve says:

Wow, what a magical and amazing day she had! Well done for organizing all that, she must have been over the moon!

19. wow this looks perfect! the cake is brilliant – I’d find it hard cutting into it too! x

20. This looks like an incredible party. Reading this, am almost feeling sorry that mine are no longer into princesses. Especially love that the princesses laid on party games.
    Carole at Healthier Mummy recently posted…Why we need better labelling of children’s food (and about being an Organix No Junk Mum)My Profile

21. Oh this looks truly magical, I bet her face when they came out was a sight to behold and that’s worth hiding in a storage cupboard for!!

22. Looks like a really special party. It must be lovely to sit back and watch the fun and not be responsable for all the games!
    Phoebe @ lou messugo recently posted…Reasons to book a self-catering gîte holiday at Lou Messugo – Part 3My Profile

23. Cathy Glynn says:

I saw your pictures on Instagram also and it looks like she had a wonderful party, the cake was amazing x
    Cathy Glynn recently posted…Hope’s Relief Shampoo & Conditioner ReviewMy Profile

24. Life as Mum says:

I smiled all the way through that video! Looks like they all had SO much fun! Happy 5th Birthday Lovely x
    Life as Mum recently posted…Tips To Run Your Own LinkyMy Profile

25. This is fabulous, what wonderful party you put on for Eliza. I wish I lived in Dorset so I could have them at my party too xx
    Sarah Cantwell recently posted…Winter Look BookMy Profile

26. Jodie says:

Wow! What a wonderful party she had. I haven’t done a proper big party yet. I must do. My girls are missing out!!
    Jodie recently posted…Children Explain ISOFIX With BritaxMy Profile

27. oh how magical, looks like she had a fab time!
    chantelle hazelden (mamamummymum) recently posted…Saying Goodbye To The Baby DaysMy Profile