Sebby’s Swimming Update – The Toddler Lessons

It is has been 9 month since we announced that we were Konfidence swimologists and I am shocked by how far Sebastian has come along with his lessons since then.

We have been swimming with Turtle Tots Dorset since Sebastian was 3 months old, been through the water wobbles a couple of times but are now well and truly out the other side with a confident and happy boy in the water.

This term Sebby as really turned a corner with his swimming and I am shocked at how far he has progressed. Just a few weeks ago he wouldn’t jump in from the side without holding my hand, now he leaps in without a care in the world both with and without swimming aids.

Turtle Tots

It took Sebby just 4 lessons to get the hang of swimming with his Swimfin and now he charges around the pool, giggling as he goes. We are also spending more time swimming with no aids and we add a little bit of extra distance each time and he is getting really confident at that too – possibly a little too confident as he pushes away from the side when I am least expecting it sometimes!

Nothing beats seeing your child swim confidently under water and we have started fetching sinkers now too. We haven’t quite reached the bottom of the pool yet but we have moved from hands to feet and I am sure in the next couple of lessons we will start getting it from the floor.

If you are thinking about swimming lessons for your child I really cannot recommend Turtle Tots highly enough, they have been fabulous and we cannot wait for next term.

15 thoughts on “Sebby’s Swimming Update – The Toddler Lessons

1. Looks like he’s having a lot of fun learning to swim and this will stand him in good stead later!
    Ruthy @ Minibreak Mummy recently posted…Oxfam Unwrapped Charity GiftsMy Profile

2. Jaime Oliver says:

oh my goodness he is fantastic! i so wish we had started Joshua younger as he is struggling (aged 4)
    Jaime Oliver recently posted…Counting Our BlessingsMy Profile

3. That is excellent progress and very commendable.
    Nayna Kanabar recently posted…Spicy Carrot Soup ~5-2 DietMy Profile

4. Jen says:

He is amazing and looks ace. I wish our pool had let me take pictures when the boys were learning. Swimming confidence is priceless
    Jen recently posted…Over 50 New years eve crafts and activities for kidsMy Profile

5. Aw he’s doing brilliantly – my two love swimming and always have since they were babies x x
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…The Frugal Family Christmas Activity Advent- Make a paper Christmas wreath….My Profile

6. My son starts swimming lessons in January and I hope he progresses as well as Sebastian has.
    Ness @ JibberJabberUK recently posted…Christmas Bottled Real Ale Guide 2015My Profile

7. Kizzy says:

It’s great to see their confidence grow in the water .
    Kizzy recently posted…Time Out Reads – Forward ThinkingMy Profile

8. Ickle Pickle says:

He is doing so well, bless him. I need to get Pickle swimming in the new year. Kaz x
    Ickle Pickle recently posted…My Weekly Photo 20 December 2015My Profile

9. Sarah Bailey says:

Aww what a lovely update, it looks like he is doing so well! x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…Christmas at MoonpigMy Profile

10. Jenni says:

He looks like he’s having so much fun! I love taking Lucas swimming x
    Jenni recently posted…Lucas’ First HaircutMy Profile

11. Natalie Ray says:

Ah this sounds brilliant, I’m so glad he’s getting on so well. I think water confidence is so important! We also have the swim fins. My three year old can swim a little way on her own and she can keep going all day with the swim fin on. My 19 month old is fine in the water but doesn’t like me to let go of her so we’re working on that at the moment.xx
    Natalie Ray recently posted…Last minute Christmas gift ideas!My Profile

Oh wow, well done Sebby, he looks so at home in the water bless him x
    Rachel recently posted…Top 3 Tips When Buying Through Catalogues That You Need To Know!My Profile

13. Eve says:

He looks so happy, we were thinking of signing Freddie up to these classes!

14. Tori Gabriel says:

That’s amazing. I really need to think about swimming lessons for my girls. It’s a life skill they really need.
    Tori Gabriel recently posted…18th December – Christmas TraditionsMy Profile

15. Claire says:

Sebastian has done really well, I hope he continues enjoying swimming 🙂
    Claire recently posted…Indulgent banana mousse with butterscotch rippleMy Profile