Tree Top Adventure, Snowdonia

It is no secret that our family likes adventure and none more so than Hubby and Kian. Last weekend they headed up to North Wales to go to Zip World and whilst they were there they also visited the Tree Top Adventure.

Tree Top adventure is a unique, fully equipped high ropes centre available to a wide range of customers. There is a junior course for younger adventures but the boys were soon kitted out in safety gear and negotiating over 30 obstacles including balancing beams, zip wires, rope bridges, a parachute simulator and all without the need to detach from the safety line.

The boys arrived early so chilled out in the log cabin cafe before getting kitted out. The centre is at heart of the Snowdonia National Park so the views are spectacular from every angle.

Tree Top Adventure

We are quite a seasoned high ropes family with lots of climbing time under our belts but the Tree Top Adventure was very different to what we are used to. There was no clipping and unclipping of harnesses as you manoeuvred around the course and the course itself was the most challenging one they have done. Hubby got cocky at one point and lost his footing and fell – thank goodness for the harness. You had no choice but to do the Parachute plummet at the end – rather them than me!

Tree Top Adventure

The High Ropes course took around an hour and a half to do but the fun did not stop there. The next challenge was the Tree Top Tower – the highest (106ft) Powerfan Plummet in the world. Kian opted not to take this challenge but hubby couldn’t wait to climb up and do it.

My husband is a nutter #treetopadventure #regram

A video posted by Kara Guppy (@chelseamamma) on

Next up was Skyride which is Europe’s highest and first 5 seater Giant Swing that sits tauntingly above the reception building.

Hubby and Kian were hoisted 80ft in the air up into the trees before they had to pull the release cord.  They ended up swinging 120ft above the Conwy valley – what an adrenalin rush!

The boys thoroughly enjoyed their tree top adventure and I have promised that I will join them next time too.

13 thoughts on “Tree Top Adventure, Snowdonia

1. Globalmouse says:

Oh my goodness that is so high!! I am scared of heights so that wouldn’t be one for me but the others in my family would think this would be amazing.
    Globalmouse recently posted…Giving Merrell Sandals a work out in MalaysiaMy Profile

2. Ninjacat says:

This is something I’d live to have a go at
    Ninjacat recently posted…The 5 Am ClubMy Profile

3. Tanya says:

I know a little girl who would love to do this and I know who would be the one to go with her! (not that I’d mind really)
    Tanya recently posted…Swing parks and science.My Profile

4. Jaime Oliver says:

oh my goodness they are so blooming brave … i would be weeping in a corner lol
    Jaime Oliver recently posted…Pregnancy – 20 Week Anomaly ScanMy Profile

5. Jen says:

Maxi would love to do this. He is obsessed with high ropes. Both the boys just run them. No fear either of them. Off to check age and height restrictions
    Jen recently posted…Toilet Monster for HalloweenMy Profile

Oh my this looks so much fun and the video really gives a flavour of how high up they were and the challenges they faced. I can’t believe I did this in France a couple of years ago, I think I wouldn’t have the nerve if I had the chance again. Well done the boys. A great #CountryKids day.
    Coombe Mill recently posted…Weekly Farm PhotoMy Profile

7. What a great boys time away, such adventure seekers. Mich x #Countrykids
    Michelle Twin Mum recently posted…Family Visit to National Trust Attingham Park, Shropshire #CountryKidsMy Profile

8. This looks amazing. I’ve done Go Ape a couple of times and loved it despite being a little scared of heights. Our two girls are a bit too young for this kind of thing at the moment but I’d like to take them when they are older #countrykids
    Claire at Tin Box Traveller recently posted…An October dip in the SolentMy Profile

9. This looks fantastic for the more intrepid adventurer! I think I might just watch though, I’m not good with heights! *shudder*
    Lucy Dorrington recently posted…Remembering Jack for National Poetry Day 2015My Profile

10. Helen Neale says:

That looks amazing! My kids would love this 😀 H x
    Helen Neale recently posted…Six tips to get Pinspiration for your kids bedroomMy Profile

11. Wow! That looks really scary, but what a brilliant adventure. My biggest boy would love this.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Hotter Shoes #hotterfeelgoodstyleMy Profile

12. Notmyyearoff says:

Wow it looks a brilliant adventure and reminds me a bit of Go Ape. I would probably be slightly useless at it but it does look a lot of fun!
    Notmyyearoff recently posted…Things you should know about the SnuzPod2My Profile