The Kids Favourite Things to do at Camp Bestival

Camp Bestival

It has been almost two weeks since Camp Bestival and the measure of the kids having a great time is that they are still talking about it and they are – non-stop!

There is so much to see and do that we missed some of it, but what we did see and do was amazing and for us it was the best Camp Bestival yet – even camping with the kids was better than last year as we had a flat pitch.

One of our highlights is always the Dingly Dell and Lizzie’s Way, a woodland play area that the kids adore. Be prepared to get very muddy as you can create your very own secret recipe in the mud kitchen or Eliza’s personal favourite the Potions lab where she could create a magic spell with glittery coloured water and help to grant wishes on the wish tree.

Lizzie's Way

Isaac’s favourite area is the Woodland snaps and my top Camp Bestival picture from last year was him posing with a silly wig in a giant photo frame and he didn’t disappoint this year too, although my favourite photo this time was Hubby, dressed as the Gruffalo, being served “tea” by Eliza as the mouse with Isaac as the fox and Sebby as the Gruffalo’s child.

Lizzie's Way

The Dingly Dell continues the “Wild” theme with nature, craft and wilderness skills, workshops and activities. We learned how to identify trees from their leaves; how to light a fire; how to make a walking stick and wooden necklace with our friends from Fore Adventure and challenged ourselves to complete some of the National Trust’s 50 things.

Dingly Dell

This was the first year we saw the Dingly Dell at night and it was spectacular with woods coming alive with light and wonder…. the kids got to make and carry lanterns lit with glow sticks, which were surprisingly effective. Eliza was convinced she was in the real Fairy Hollow and the only thing that spoilt it was the sound of Underworld playing loudly in the background. Something a little less bassy would have been better.

Dingly Dell

My little Dorset Dumplings love their heritage too and spotted Jurassic CSI just before we got to the Dingly Dell where a terrible crime had been committed, but who by? They had to use their best investigative skills to identify the culprit with the help of a paleontologist and were measuring foot steps, dinosaur poo and bones to find their dinosaur killer!

Jurassic CSI

For the last two years the boys have been spoilt with Skylanders and LEGO at Camp Bestival and they were noticeably absent this year, replaced by something that was much more up Eliza’s street – Hello Kitty. She was in 7th heaven getting her nails and face painted, a Hello Kitty tattoo  and writing her promise which got hung on the Promise Tree.

Hello Kitty

Another firm favourite area is the Circus Skills where there is various circus equipment laying about the lawn for everyone to try. This year there was something different too – a massive ball which the kids could leap on and try to stand on, with a bit of help of course as well as bouncy castles and a children’s disco.

Circus Skills

The Lower Kids Garden was also packed full of entertainment for slightly older children and they adored Art Town where paint and glitter was the order of the day and for Sebby the Soft Play Tent and Sandpit were a big hit. The Science Tent got a musical revamp this year and we got to watch our old favourite experiments with added rap and musical instructions.

Lower Kids Garden

Want to see what Camp Bestival could offer you, check out my linky here for lots of other posts and opinions and stay tuned for my next installments of what the kids loved to see, what the teen loved to do and our highlights too.

Disclaimer: We were Camp Bestival Official Bloggers and were provided with tickets to attend free of charge. All opinions are our own.

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Camp Bestival

20 thoughts on “The Kids Favourite Things to do at Camp Bestival

1. Aaah it was SO good wasn’t it?! SO lovely to meet you as well lovely!!
    I absolutely loved every single second of Camp Bestival!! Am counting the days until next year!!! #CountryKids

Caro | http://www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk
    Caro | The Twinkles Mama recently posted…Vlog Club | My Top Five Beauty ProductsMy Profile

2. Sonya Cisco says:

The Dingly Dell is magical isnt it – just fires their imaginations right up!
    Sonya Cisco recently posted…FourMy Profile

3. Michelle says:

The amount of stuff to do for kids at Camp Bestival is amazing! I’m still so sad we didn’t go into Dingly Dell! I showed my brother our CB video last night and was instantly transported back there – feels so long ago now!
    Michelle recently posted…Tropical Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips + Zyliss EasyPull Food Processor ReviewMy Profile

4. Ninjacat says:

Camp bestival looks cool and a brilliant range of activities
    Ninjacat recently posted…The Benefits Of Using A Credit Card SensiblyMy Profile

5. Emma T says:

It always looks so amazing. We were at lulworth castle only the week before it, and I really wish we’d been able to go. Maybe in the next couple of years. I’d love to go with my best friend and her son but they live so far away to come down for it.

I love how pretty the wood looks at night.
    Emma T recently posted…It’s the final countdown from nursery, with sports dayMy Profile

6. Tanya says:

That looks amazing, definitely somewhere to add to our places to go list.
    Tanya recently posted…Lets cookMy Profile

7. Coombemill says:

I have loved your camp bestival round ups every year, you always seam to focus on the areas others leave out. As always this post is a delight to read.I love the wooden necklaces and Dingly Dell lit up at night. I can see why you all love it so much there. Thank you for sharing with me on Country Kids.
    Coombemill recently posted…Country Kids from Coombe MillMy Profile

8. This looks amazing for younger children – I’ll be interested to read about what there is for teens too.
    Mums do travel recently posted…Room report: Hotel Tiffany, CesenaticoMy Profile

9. Notmyyearoff says:

Wow I had no idea you could do so much there with kids. It looks fantastic and you got some very nice sunshine too!

10. Kizzy says:

Oh we so need to go next year. We’d all love it
    Kizzy recently posted…Seasonal Kitchen – August 14 – 20 2015My Profile

11. Anne says:

It all looks fantastic, especially Dingly Dell at night. I didn’t realise that there was so much for kids to do there.
    Anne recently posted…Bake With Bake Off – The One that takes the Biscuit (week two)My Profile

12. Sarah Bailey says:

oh it looks like there is so much to do for kids at Camp Bestival how cool! x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…Décor fit for a queenMy Profile

13. Gemma says:

I really want to go to Camp Bestival next year, it looks amazing
    Gemma recently posted…St Nicholas Park, WarwickMy Profile

14. Jen Walshaw says:

I love the sound and look of the dingley dell, both in the daylight and all lit up.
    Jen Walshaw recently posted…Balloon HovercraftMy Profile

It looks so much fun, so nice to see such a variety of activities x
    Rachel recently posted…John Frieda Mayfair Salon ExperienceMy Profile

16. leonii amber says:

This really does look like so much fun, My oldest really would have loved the dino csi as shes abit crazy on dino’s at the moment, dingly dell looks stunning.
    It looks like Camp bestival have reaally thought about all different ideas for children to really enjoy them selfs!

17. The Dingly Dell at night is so pretty. There really is so much care taken into childrens’ activities at Camp Bestival – they make sure there is a variety of things for the little festival goers to do!
    JuggleMum, Nadine Hill recently posted…3 Easy Festival Looks For Busy MumsMy Profile