Disney On Ice Magical Ice Festival

Disney On Ice

Like most young girls Eliza is Frozen mad, so when I saw an offer on O2 Priority for Disney On Ice Magical Ice Festival I bought tickets for us to watch.

Eliza got these tickets way back in January for her birthday and has been asking when we were going to see it ever since and finally this weekend we did.

The show began with compere’s Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Donald Duck skating out to welcome the audience and introduce the first act – the Ugly Sisters who performed a comical routine which had the audience in stitches and Donald trying to find some kind words about their performance.

Disney on ice

Mickey and Minnie appeared before each act to introduce them and there was a lot of cheering for Sebastian from The Little Mermaid when he appeared.  His performance was brilliant as he broke out of his shell to make waves with Ariel “Under The Sea!” and concluded with a show-stopping aerial performance from Ariel!

Disney On Ice

It was soon time to get tangled up with a chorus of harmless hooligans when they get a visit from the sassy and spirited Rapunzel and her charming ally Flynn from Disney’s Tangled.

Disney On Ice

The last act of the first half saw us get swept away by Disney’s Beauty and the Beast as the Beast and his castle’s enchanted entourage as they took to the stage in a spectacular show for Belle that had the audience singing along to “Be our guest”.

Disney On Ice

There was a brief 15 minute break before the second half started and the audience erupted into applause as it was announced that the royal sisters Elsa and Anna, Olaf, Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven were on their way.

I thought the singing to be our guest was impressive but the audience were in full voice for all the Frozen songs which brought tears to my eyes.  Even Isaac was joining in!

Disney On Ice

Almost the whole of the second half was dedicated to telling the Frozen story and almost all of the songs we know and love were included.  My only disappointment was that the trolls were missing, but thankfully Olaf and the summer song was included and there was plenty of “snow”.

Disney On Ice

As with all good shows, all our favourite characters came on for one final encore to rapturous applause and a standing ovation from the audience.

Disney On Ice

If you have a Disney loving Prince or Princess they will adore Disney on Ice – we cannot wait for the next one later this year!

17 thoughts on “Disney On Ice Magical Ice Festival

1. Ickle Pickle says:

This looks so fantastic! I really want to take Pickle when he is older. Lovely photos, Kaz x
    Ickle Pickle recently posted…Living Arrows 19/52My Profile

2. Ooooh so excited, we are going to see this tomorrow. It will be our third time watching Disney On Ice and I have to say, I love it as much as the children do. I will keep going to see it long after the children don’t want to go anymore!! I’m most looking forward to Frozen but I’m also looking forward to Belle and the Beast too 🙂
    Sabina @MummyMatters recently posted…Birthday weekend: my 40th year has begun!!My Profile

3. This show looks so magical, the photos are amazing.
    Nayna Kanabar recently posted…Freezing Vegetables and Dr.Oetker Ristorante “Freshness Frozen” campaignMy Profile

4. Sonya Cisco says:

I bet she loved it! I took Betsy to see High School Musical On Ice, and while torture for me, she absolutely adored it!
    Sonya Cisco recently posted…Election ApathyMy Profile

5. This looks great fun! What a magical experience for little ones!
    Lucy Dorrington recently posted…Avengers: Age of Ultron Parent’s GuideMy Profile

6. Sarah Bailey says:

Disney on Ice sounds like such a magical show – they don’t seem to do things in halves. x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…Personalised pewter wine label and wine: ReviewMy Profile

Ive never been to Disney on Ice but it sounds so magical x
    Rachel recently posted…WIN 6 Pairs of Shoes with DolcisMy Profile

8. Whoop, Dancing on ice looks fun to watch. I would love to take my sons, sadly I don’t think my older one would enjoy it, he is anti princesses. Shame looks great fun.
    Lucy Zelazowski recently posted…Transun Bucket List Competition – Fancy winning a once in the lifetime holiday to see the Northern Lights?My Profile

9. We’ve never been to Disney on ice. It would be good to go before my boys are too old for it though.

10. Mummy Fever says:

Oh wow , this looks amazing my children would love it. The older two had ice skates for Christmas as we are 10 mins from an ice rink.
    Mummy Fever recently posted…Finger food creationsMy Profile

11. Ooh I’m writing up my review as we speak! It was fab wasn’t it? I loved it! Very special. You managed to get some amazing photo’s x
    Carolynne @ Mummy Endeavours recently posted…Project 365 Week 16 & 17 – 2016My Profile

12. Mina Joshi says:

This is the kind of a show I would love to go to. Lovely pictures.
    Mina Joshi recently posted…Kidney bean QuesadillasMy Profile

13. Mari says:

We had to miss out on the Frozen but i am definitely booking up for the Christmas show, I love it as much as the children do
    Mari recently posted…Win a case of wine with Kumala by sharing your life hack.My Profile

14. Lori says:

We went to Disney on ice last year and although it wasn’t frozen, I was amazed at how good the show was. My son absolutely loved it. I’m glad you had a great time. X
    Lori recently posted…INTERIOR TIPS FOR A HOME THAT GROWS WITH YOUMy Profile

15. I think I’m probably the only person left in the world (oh, except my OH and 2 boys) who hasn’t seen Frozen! My boys loved Disney when they were younger too but the whole Frozen thing has passed us by!
    Phoebe @ Lou Messugo recently posted…A long weekend in MartiniqueMy Profile

16. Jen Walshaw says:

My boys used to love Disney on Ice when they were smaller! I still love it and will have to steal a younger child to go again!
    Jen Walshaw recently posted…Road trip travel printables and a Ford C-MAX reviewMy Profile