What’s in my handbag?

When you become a parent the contents of your handbag change quite a lot as you also have to carry additional items to care for your little one.

When my babies were tiny I never went anywhere without a changing bag packed full of everything I needed for a day out.  In fact hubby used to joke that it contained everything apart from the kitchen sink and included:

• Spare clothing
  • Baby Wipes
  • Nappies
  • Nappy Cream
  • Changing Mat
  • Breast Pads
  • Lansinoh
  • Infacol
  • Spare top for me

As Sebby got older the contents started to change, the infacol, breast pads and lansinoh were replaced by a sippy cup and snack box and now I only take his changing bag if we are going on a full day out.  These days if I am popping to the shops I just add a nappy and baby wipes to my handbag.

Having an inquisitive toddler I also have to be careful what I put in my handbag as he has a tendency to empty the contents if I stupidly leave it in reach.  Gone are the days of carrying lipstick and other make-up items – the closest I get to make-up is a small pot of vaseline which I use as a lip balm.

The lovely team at Marks and Spencer have just launched their all new dedicated baby section M&S Baby and have challenged me to share the contents of my handbag with my readers.

M&S Baby

What’s in my handbag?

I want to point out that Sebby wasn’t part of my handbag contents but he did help me empty it.  Inside was:

• Purse
  • Charging pack for my phone
  • Business Cards
  • Hairbrush
  • Tissues
  • Money off Vouchers
  • Receipts
  • Tickets for the Noddy Train for the weekend
  • A few loose raisins

I have recently downsized my handbag and am shocked by how much I have managed to squeeze in it.  Thankfully it has now had a good clear out thanks to this challenge, although most of the contents with the exception of the old receipts and expired tickets have gone back in.

What’s in your handbag?

To celebrate the launch of the dedicated baby section of the Marks and Spencer website they have also given me a fantastic Skip Hop changing bag (worth £63) to giveaway too – just click this link to find the competition post.

19 thoughts on “What’s in my handbag?

1. Lol there’s always raisins isn’t there!! You’ve managed to squeeze alot in your handbag, very impressive. I only carry a small bag which contains wallet, phone, keys, inhaler and usually some tissues kicking around at the bottom! All Elliot’s stuff goes in his rucksack, I don’t think I’ve used my Silver Cross changing bag for months now. x
    Elaine @ Entertaining Elliot recently posted…How Not to Bake Cakes!My Profile

2. I love this idea – my handbag is filled with junk that I really don’t need but have it with me anyway just in case 😉
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…Easy ways to save….My Profile

3. These days my handbag seems to be full of tissues for small children with colds. That and a lot of other crap that needn’t be in there at all. And Anadin, you never know when you might be needing them!
    Queen Boudica recently posted…Enter The DragonMy Profile

4. You have a very stylish handbag, I wouldn’t guess you have so much in it 🙂
    mellissa williams recently posted…Win £50 Of Vouchers With Inn Travel And Carluccios – Ends 28/02My Profile

5. Jen Walshaw says:

I emptied my bag today, so I only have my phone and purse in a tiny one!
    Jen Walshaw recently posted…Encouraging kids to saveMy Profile

6. Hannah Staveley says:

I have to have baby wipes and nappies in mine as you never know. Also a must for mummys a coffee card 🙂

7. Jaime Oliver says:

my bag is in a terrible way and i would be fairly embarrassed to show of its contents! .. *note to self to tackle tomorrow*
    Jaime Oliver recently posted…The Power Of Bath Time #SoMuchMoreMy Profile

8. Oh I love this challenge and your pics are cute. When Aaron was a baby I carried so so much. There were always 8 nappies in my bag. Craziness. Now I sometimes go out without even wipes, and the hubby tells me off if I haven’t got them to hand. BUT Aaron’s going to be FIVE this Summer. I have a small handbag so it stops me carrying around a kitchen sink, but there are year old (or more) contents in there. This post makes me realise I need to Spring clean my inner bag. xx
    Liska @NewMumOnline recently posted…#NewsMumOnline on The UK Blogging and Vlogging WorldMy Profile

9. It always surprises me just what collects at the bottom of my bag
    Clare @ Emmy’s Mummy recently posted…Dubrovnik Cruises: A Croatian Jewel Waiting to be ExploredMy Profile

10. Mina Joshi says:

Love that handbag !! Once a mum – always a mum!! Even though mine have left home, I tend to carry the extras like tissues, wipes, sewing kit, paracetamols etc….
    Mina Joshi recently posted…Carrot and Green Chilies Salad/Pickle with Mustard (Raita gajar marcha)My Profile

11. PinkOddy says:

I have to admit I don’t do handbags so couldn’t tell you the contents. However, I did have a sanitary product drop out of my coat pocket when getting my gloves the other day – and my youngest was loudly shouting that I had dropped something as we crossed a busy road.
    PinkOddy recently posted…Contraceptive Implants for 10 year oldsMy Profile

12. My handbag is so full of the little “essentials”! I don’t know how I zip it closed, mostly full of things for the kids too of course, I am forever finding toys or bits of toys in there! 🙂
    My Family Ties recently posted…F. Dick Red Spirit Knife Set Review – My Family TiesMy Profile

13. Globalmouse says:

My nice bags are always ruined by squashed raisins at the bottom and broken crayons!!
    Globalmouse recently posted…Four advantages to a family staycation in 2015My Profile

14. My contents is similar, including the ever important phone charger battery doodah!
    Lauren | Belle du brighton recently posted…Stylish changing bags big enough for two!My Profile

15. lisa prince says:

i used to be exactly the same when i had my little ones little , sating that , my handbag still carries everything other than the kitchen sink x

16. I was just talking about how my handbag is full of ‘stuff’! Currently it seems to be lots of pictures from playgroup and loads of receipts!
    Kate Williams recently posted…Fishing for Dinosaurs Ice ExperimentMy Profile

17. Emily Knight says:

There’s always stuff at the bottom of my handbag that I have no idea is there…sadly never any money, though! 🙂
    Emily Knight recently posted…Recipe: Bunny Chow with Carrot SambalMy Profile

18. I have a big bag just to fit my SLR in! Other than that there’s very little in there, particularly as I nearly always forget the wet wipes (terrible mummy!)
    Clare Mansell recently posted…Why you should never alter another person’s photoMy Profile

19. I think it doesn’t matter how small your bag is, there’s always a ton of crap in it. I like the look of your diary (!) and the bag itself is gorgeous. Very sophisticated, you wouldn’t know it contains nappies not lipstick!
    Phoebe @ Lou Messugo recently posted…The beginnings of a multicultural marriageMy Profile