Dear Teenager………..

Rubbish

Over the Christmas holidays my two teenage boys spent more time together than they have in a long time and it seems that their bad habits seem to have rubbed off on one another.

I do feel like I am constantly nagging them in one way or another and am normally met with a grunt which actually means “I will do it later”, although later never seems to come or just a roll of the eyes and a shrug of the shoulder.

It has got to the stage where I am fed up of being ignored and I am starting to sound like a broken record:

“Please close the door, you’re letting the cold air in”

“Have you made your bed?”

“Your clean washing is on your bed to put away” (it’s either shoved in a drawer where it won’t fit , back in the washing bin or still there 3 days later.

In the morning – “Have you opened the curtains?”; In the evening “Have you closed your curtains?”

I tried sarcasm!

“You do know where the bin is don’t you”

“Your towel won’t hang itself up”

It all seems to be either met with deaf ears or a smart alec response – “Were you born in a barn?”………”You should know Mum, you were there!”

There is one common factor with these boys……..

They are permanently attached to their phones, either playing games, watching YouTube videos or chatting to their mates.

With this in mind I have decided to create a series of tongue in cheek videos to show them how to complete the most simple of tasks.

Teenage: How to guide #1 – Put Rubbish in the bin……….

16 thoughts on “Dear Teenager………..

1. Globalmouse says:

Ha ha, so funny….although I won’t be laughing in a few years I’m sure!!
    Globalmouse recently posted…Road Test – OMY Design and Play Pyramid Giant Colouring PosterMy Profile

2. otilia says:

Really not looking forward to the teenage years. i just hope my kids will always be the way they are now!
    otilia recently posted…#Shoebox2014 – my charity in 2014My Profile

3. Sonya Cisco says:

Oh mine is like this too – my tip to you – threaten to put a password on the broadband….works every time here!
    Sonya Cisco recently posted…And When He Sleeps He Dreams Of StarsMy Profile

4. I am.SO not looking forward to this age
    Clare @ Emmy’s Mummy recently posted…10 years of Muddy Puddles – Celebrating by looking at 10 popular Peppa Pig itemsMy Profile

I have to admit I don’t envy you at all x

6. And when they leave the rubbish within a foot of the bin. I’ve measured it in the past and told them how close they got.
    Cheryl | TimeToCraft recently posted…I heart my slippersMy Profile

7. Oh no is this what we have to look forward to! x
    You Baby Me Mummy recently posted…Weight Loss Weigh In #13My Profile

8. Louise says:

Great video – I think you have got to see the funny side and enjoy a bit of sarcasm with them, guess it comes with the teenager territory! x
    Louise recently posted…Summer days on the beautiful Isle of WightMy Profile

9. Mummy of Two says:

Oh no, is this what the teenage years are like?! I am dreading it! Love the idea of the video, hope it helps!!
    Mummy of Two recently posted…Children and Technology – My actual opinionMy Profile

10. Lori says:

Haha brilliant! Let us know if it works 🙂 I think you should steal their phones in the night and say the cleaning fairy took them ha! x
    Lori recently posted…TRAVEL INSPIRATIONMy Profile

11. What a great idea, wonder if a series of videos like this would help my husband achieve the same tasks?!
    Em @snowingindoors recently posted…10 Signs That You May Have a Threenager!My Profile

12. Haha this is brilliant! I’m going to show both my teen and tween. Messy little sods! 🙂 x
    Sharon Powell recently posted…Loud n proudMy Profile

13. Jen Walshaw says:

I have tweens that would rather walk to shove rubbish down the back of the TV, then actually put it in the bin even it is closer!
    Jen Walshaw recently posted…Homemade thank you cards for kids to makeMy Profile

14. Joanne says: