Thinking Slimmer update – Week 12

Me

I have not done a Thinking Slimmer update for a while and although I haven’t quite hit my target weight of 140lbs by my 40th birthday (and Britmums), I am almost there and pleased with my progress so far.

I have noticed a real difference in my eating habits and although I do occasionally indulge in a Jaffa cake or Jammy ring biscuit, the urge to eat a whole packet has gone.

I also stop eating when I am full, whereas before I would carry on as I hate waste and because of this my portions are getting smaller too.

My diastasis recti is probably my biggest frustration because my MUTU system exercising haven’t been consistent as I really struggle for time.  I have reduced the gap from 4 fingers to 2.5 so it is working, but very slowly.

My starting measurements were:

Bust:  36″

Waist:  38″

Tummy:  42″

Hips:  42″

Thighs:  21″

Weight: 167lbs

12 weeks on:

Bust:  34″

Waist:  34″

Tummy:  38″

Hips:  38″

Thighs:  19″

Weight:  146lbs

I am really pleased that I have lost 4″ off my tummy and waist but sadly my overall shape hasn’t changed much.  All my old clothes are hanging off me and I am forever hitching my trousers up, but sadly that elusive size 12 is still too tight…….I think I need a size 13!!

I am determined to keep it up though as people are starting to notice how much weight I have lost now and commenting which has given me an added push!

20 thoughts on “Thinking Slimmer update – Week 12

1. Slow and steady does it. Well done for the weight you have lost.
    Nayna Kanabar recently posted…Coriander Lemon Rice~ Secret Recipe club 16th June 2014My Profile

2. Victoria says:

great results! Well done and carry on with it until you feel comfy!
    Victoria recently posted…Craftmill Pregnant Belly Casting Kit reviewMy Profile

3. Wow, what amazing progress, well done you! I guess that our overall shape probably won’t change, no matter what weight we lose but this is brilliant! I imagine the hardest bit is changing habits but it looks as though you’ve done that 🙂
    suzanne3childrenandit recently posted…Life Rule Number 1My Profile

4. San says:

Great results!!! Congrats! Now you just have to find that perfect outfit for Britmums!
    San recently posted…Plagiocephaly – LOC band (Final Month)My Profile

5. Wow, that’s really impressive! I don’t have staying power with this sort of thing so I bow to your determination.
    Adele @ Circus Queen recently posted…Now she is threeMy Profile

6. Foz says:

Oooh well done! Congrats on how well you have done so far! Keep it up!
    Foz recently posted…Forced Marriage is now a criminal actMy Profile

7. Well done you – so close to your target x x
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…Monday’s Parenting Pin It Party….My Profile

8. well done mrs, I wont recognize you at bml x
    Jane @ northernmum recently posted…The Al Fresco Diaries: The ReviewMy Profile

9. Globalmouse says:

There’s a marketing opportunity there with the size 13!! 😉 Congratulations on losing so much – it really is inspirational and I would be happy to lose some of that. I seem to be going the other way. But then I do eat lots of chocolates, buscuits, and cake…which doesn’t help. Love these posts though as it makes me feel like I can do it too!
    Globalmouse recently posted…LittleLife Design a Daypack CompetitionMy Profile

10. Zena's Suitcase says:

You’ve done really well. That’s great progress
    Zena’s Suitcase recently posted…A Visit To Colwick Park, NottinghamMy Profile

11. Well done. keep at it, I am sure you will get the results you are looking for
    Jen aka The Mad House recently posted…Silhouettes made easy using the Cricut ExploreMy Profile

12. Amy says:

Well done! I’ve just started a diet and one week in I’ve lost 2lbs. I chosen to just change my lifestyle rather than join something like weight watchers. Nice to read about someone doing well!
    Amy recently posted…Day at the park!My Profile

13. Well done so far – keep at it! Have a fab birthday and Britmums weekend!
    Kate Thompson recently posted…A Marathon not a SprintMy Profile

14. Shell Louise says:

Very well done on your achievements 🙂
    Shell Louise recently posted…Silent Sunday June 15thMy Profile

15. fantastic progress! hope you can get to your goal weight 🙂
    laura redburn recently posted…what i wore – polka dot top & fish bagMy Profile

16. This sounds really interesting. Well done on your loses x
    You Baby Me Mummy recently posted…Living Arrows 24/52My Profile

17. Sarah Bailey says:

Wow what some great progress 🙂 well done on all you have managed so far 🙂 x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…The Click & Chat Social Link Up #12My Profile

18. Louisa says:

You’re making great progress. Like you I think I need a size 13. It is very frustrating either squeezing into something too small or constantly hoiking up saggy trousers! Keep up the good work x
    Louisa recently posted…How to trace your family tree #1 Building blocksMy Profile

19. Michelle says:

Well done on your progress so far, and good luck with your continued goals! x
    Michelle recently posted…Duck Tape Hair Bows for the World Cup! #duckworldcupMy Profile

20. lisa prince says:

i am trying to do something about my weight at the moment i wouldnt say im fat but i am starting to wobble in areas i dont want to , x