Marwell Sunset Party in the Park

We were invited to Marwell’s Sunset Party in the Park and on June 13th, which sees the park open to the public from 6.30pm – 9.30pm.

As it was a Friday night I didn’t mind changing the kids bedtime routine as seeing the animals at dusk is a real treat and they are so much more active than they are in the day.

We arrived as it opened and enjoyed a talk about the Penguins.  I never did find out why one was wearing his very own wetsuit though.

Marwell

This year’s event also had a Dinosaur twist where we had out of hours access to the Rise of the Dinosaurs event which Isaac and Eliza adored.  We were on a mission to find animatronic dinosaurs that were scattered around the park.   They were very lifelike, with movement, eye blinks and even sounds.  Isaac got to work one for himself as there was a velociraptor on display that had workable controls.

Marwell

There was a range of incredible performances and entertainment which included giant penguins and pigeons and a whole host of animal talks which ran at various times of the evening.  There was also an inflatables area where the kids could bounce off some energy, a BBQ area which pleased hubby who had come straight from work and even Juggling Inferno!

Marwell

The animals were in a really playful mood this time of the day and we watched as a tiger gave an amazing demonstration of ball skills, the Lemur’s who swung on and off their ropes and were delighted by the snow leopard cubs who were in a very feisty mood.

Marwell

Don’t worry if you missed it as there is another opportunity to go to the Sunset Party in the Park on 5th July, which sees even more amazing sights added to the bill including The Gorilla’s and their comic intrepid explorer friend.  See here to book tickets.

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

What's Happened? What's Happening?

23 thoughts on “Marwell Sunset Party in the Park

1. There have been a few posts about Marwell linked up to #WHWH and it always looks like such an amazing place to visit. I’d love to take my two. Bud would love the dinosaurs. Thanks for linking up to #WHWH
    Pippa Ainsworth recently posted…What’s Happened? What’s Happening? – The ReturnMy Profile

2. This sounds like a prefect day out! We love visiting Marwell zoo – we have a love for the giraffe and the tigers!
    Helen @ Witty Hoots recently posted…Seagull Richard Bach QOTWMy Profile

3. Joanne says:

Ralph wears a wet suit every summer. He has a skin condition and he loses his feathers really early and quickly so the wet suit keeps him warm and helps him swim.
    #penguinnerd #moolovespenguins
    Joanne recently posted…Rise of the Dinosaurs!My Profile

4. That looks like a brilliant experience – my two would have loved it!
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…Fashion Friday – Charity Shop Style….My Profile

5. It must have been amazing to see all those animals at dusk. That shark in the first pic looks particularly scary 😀
    VaiChin@ Rambling Through Parenthood recently posted…ThreeMy Profile

6. It looks amazing. The dinosaurs are so big but they actually look friendly 😉
    agatapokutycka recently posted…Top Collar – Perfecting PerfectionMy Profile

7. Bek says:

This looks fantastic! So much going on. My two would love this.
    Bek recently posted…Becky and Lolo Lunch Bag ReviewMy Profile

8. Louisa says:

It looks amazing. The dinosaurs make a wonderful addition to the park. I’d love to visit.
    Louisa recently posted…Drawing on underwear for childrenMy Profile

What an amazing experience. Love the penguin in a wetsuit! I hear ao many good things about marwell but its so far from me 🙁

10. This sounds amazing! We love dinosaurs 🙂
    Zena’s Suitcase recently posted…Cantaloop Nursing Bra ReviewMy Profile

11. Sonya Cisco says:

We are planning a visit this summer, the dinosaurs were the bit that totally sold us- I knew Syd would love the animals, but chuck in Dinos and he will be a very happy boy!
    Sonya Cisco recently posted…10 of the most interesting places to visit in the UKMy Profile

12. We were invited to this event, but I didn’t know how to work around Baby’s bed time. It looks like it was a great evening. Lovely to meet you and Sebastian at the weekend x
    You Baby Me Mummy recently posted…Inspiring #BritMumsLiveMy Profile

13. How wonderful to be able to visit after hours and see the animals activity and behaviour. It sounds like there was plenty for the children and adults alike with a great party atmosphere. Thanks for linking up and sharing your great photos with Country Kids.
    Coombe Mill – Fiona recently posted…Reflections on Brit Mums LiveMy Profile

14. This looks amazing!! Looks like my little boys perfect day out! He is animal and dinosaur mad im so gutted its a little far away for us to travel too 🙁

Jess
    Jess Howliston recently posted…We have a NAME!!My Profile

15. Natalie says:

It sounds like you had a wonderful time – and that penguin in a wet suit is just TOO cute!
    Natalie recently posted…Would You Help Me Redesign One Busy WAHM?My Profile

16. Michelle says:

Marwell Zoo is a fab place isn’t it? We went there years ago and loved it! Glad hubs was appeased with a beer and burger! Loving the dinos too x
    Michelle recently posted…#BritMumsLive 2014 – My Experience! [Day 2]My Profile

17. Foz says:

That Penguin looks pretty cool in his wetsuit! Looks like a fantastic experience.
    Foz recently posted…Garden update – blooming flowers and hanging basketsMy Profile

18. What a great idea! I love the penguin in the wet suit!!!
    Kate Thompson recently posted…Why I want my kids to fail.My Profile

19. Looks AMAzING. This is somewhere we have never visited
    Jen aka The Mad House recently posted…Mothers of boys I need your helpMy Profile

20. Polly says:

looks like a fabulous evening! what a great experience
    Polly recently posted…Lemon and Blueberry CakeMy Profile

21. Julie says:

How lucky were you to be invited? Looks like it was a fab day 🙂

JustJulie | Beauty Blog
    Julie recently posted…Garnier 5 Second Perfect Blur For Eyes Review!My Profile

22. lisa prince says:

wow what an experience to have, looks like a fantastic day x

23. PinkOddy says:

That looks and sounds amazing wish I had known about it. Obviously off to pin on my dinosaur board 🙂
    PinkOddy recently posted…Gender Disappointment – I wanted a girlMy Profile