Young Guns!

Isaac turned 6 last week and wants to do everything his big brother’s can do, which made choosing his birthday party a bit of a challenge as he is too little for most things he wanted to try.

We go to Lemur Landings Soft Play centre regularly and Eliza had a Create a Bear party there earlier in the year for her birthday.  Much as Isaac enjoyed it, it wasn’t really something him and his friends would want to do, but then I found out that they were launching Phaser parties.

It is a fabulous idea – Isaac and his friends get to be just like their big brothers with the excitement of laser tag, yet it is set in a comfortable and safe soft play environment, unlike the dark and scary alternatives.

We arrived, very excited, just before 6pm and welcomed his friends one by one.  All together there were 12 boys and 4 girls itching to get started.  Lemur Landings closes at 6pm so we had the venue to ourselves.  To allow the transformation to take place the kids are given their food first, which I wish I had known prior to the event, as containing over-excited children who just want to run around and play is quite a challenge and there was a little sulking going on at one point.

Whilst the kids were tucking into their freshly cooked, homemade nuggets and pizza the playframe was converted into a spaceship with the help of blinds, rope lights and UV lights.  It was easy to see this was going to be awesome!

Lemur Landings

Once the kids had finished eating, it was time for a brief training session.  There is no heavy equipment to wear, they simply have to aim for each others phaser guns and shoot – the one with the most points win!

The guns all had their own name and glowed various neon colours so it was easy to keep score.  I have to admit that Isaac had a bit of a wobble and didn’t want to do it……….for all of a minute.  As soon as they were timed in, they were off!

Lemur Landings

With neon lights glowing, a disco ball sparkling and music blaring they were off.  They ran, they chased, they shot each other and they giggled……….the giggling was infectious and then they discovered the slide thanks to Kian.

Lemur Landings

There was a mirror ball above the slide which made it literally sparkle and it soon became a challenge to try and shot each other whilst whizzing down it.  I am not sure how long the first game lasted, but it was soon time to re-group, get their scores and await instructions for the next game.

This time is was Red vs Blue and all the guns showed their respective colour.  The team with the most points won…….. and off they went.

Lemur Landings

All in all there were 6 different games they played, each as fun as the other.  My favourite had to be the Vampire game – hubby was busy with Sebastian so an unsuspecting Dad was volunteered to be the vampire.  His gun glowed red and he had to be chased by the kids – if he shot them and their guns turned red then they became vampires and had to switch sides.  It was so much fun  to watch!

Lemur Landings

We had a brief stop to sing Happy Birthday to Isaac before one last game.

A few of the adults in the party took a turn too and big thanks to Kat from Lemur Landings who made herself a target for the kids too.

Lemur Landings

To Pete, Kat, Ellie and the team – Isaac rated his birthday party 10/10!

You don’t have to have a party to play Phaser Tag at Lemur Landings, they will be running sessions open to the public from May 2014.  Visit their website or facebook page for more details – we might see you there!

30 thoughts on “Young Guns!

1. Joanne says:

M&M loved the phaser night at half term must keep an eye out for any other one offs!
    Joanne recently posted…Phaser Nights and PartiesMy Profile

2. Lotte says:

Happy Birthday Issac! Gaaa looks like they had a blast hun!
    Great choice of venue that’s for sure. Wish they had this kind of thing near us.

Lotte xo
    Berice Baby – London Lifestyle Blog

3. Ok, adults can TOTALLY play Phaser tag, right? Looks fab!! What a great idea for a party! Everyone looked like they had great fun! #magicmoments
    Super Busy Mum {Debs} recently posted…Birthday shopping!My Profile

4. lori says:

That mirror ball slide looks amazing! I had to go down a slide like that when F went to a soft play and i screamed most of the way down! lol x
    lori recently posted…QUICK ASPARAGUS AND GOATS CHEESE TARTMy Profile

5. phaser tag looks so fun! I’d love to try that with Wilf and Tom! x
    Fritha Strickland recently posted…Our Bank Holiday weekend in picturesMy Profile

6. Sarah Bailey says:

What a fantastic place to have a birthday party! I remember loving lazer tag as a tween! x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…Blue Douglas Tartan Blanket Rug: ReviewMy Profile

7. WOW what a wonderful place to have a party.
    Nayna Kanabar (@SIMPLYF00D) recently posted…Rose IcecreamMy Profile

8. That’s such a great idea for the littlies who are too young for the real thing – I wish Lemur Landings was nearer us!
    LearnerMother recently posted…Right here, right now – my girl-in-the-middleMy Profile

9. Wow This sounds like a really fun pace to have a party.
    Nayna Kanabar (@SIMPLYF00D) recently posted…Rose IcecreamMy Profile

10. Keri-Anne says:

Oh my gosh!!!! I want to play!!! I went to a laser tag place when i was a teenager and got freaked out with all the dark rooms ha. This looks awesome!!! x
    Keri-Anne recently posted…In the orchardMy Profile

11. Love this my kids would go crazy for the neon light.

12. Charly Dove says:

Happy birthday to Issac! This sounds and looks like so much fun Kara. Brilliant photos too. Superb idea. Thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory

ps Have Young Guns, go for it by Wham! stuck in my head 🙂
    Charly Dove recently posted…Photos from the beachMy Profile

13. i was never interested in any sort of gun/fighting related stuff as a child, but i bloomin’ love those places where you could climb around and play in!
    laura redburn recently posted…what i wore – black skater dressMy Profile

14. What great fun. Looks perfect for kiddies x
    You Baby Me Mummy recently posted…Living Arrows / The 52 Project 18/52My Profile

15. Jaime Oliver says:

wow Kara this looks like amazing fun!! i love lazer quest but i hated the dark so this makes it perfect in my book!

thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x
    Jaime Oliver recently posted…#52LittleThings Week 19 – Phone A FriendMy Profile

16. What a brilliant idea for a kids’ party!
    Mums do travel recently posted…10 things my son learnt at Cadair IdrisMy Profile

17. Coombemill says:

This looks like it was great fun, with all the different games the excitement must have had a great time. Mine really fancied lazer tag this year too but settled for the whole class here on the farm again. Fazer tag is an ingenious idea.

18. What a great idea – my two LOVE LOVE LOVE laserquest!
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…#WeLoveWales – by Miss and Master F….My Profile

19. What a great idea! I remember doing things like Zap Zone when I was younger and I loved it. Super younger version this is, I want to do it 🙂
    SamFernley@happyhomebird recently posted…Our garden makeover using the Outspiration appMy Profile

20. Victoria says:

I never did laser tag myself, looks like lots of fun for kids
    Victoria recently posted…Mr. Nutcase Ipad mini case reviewMy Profile

21. Michelle says:

Wow – what an awesome place for kids to have their birthday party! It’s great that it’s a nice safe environment for them! *pew pew*
    Michelle recently posted…Welcome to 100 Days of Disney! [#100DaysOfDisney]My Profile

22. Shell Louise says:

That sounds brilliant. Ella’s 6 and would absolutely love this. If only we lived closer!
    Shell Louise recently posted…Silent SundayMy Profile

23. Polly says:

looks like great fun! Haven’t played that in many many years!!
    Polly recently posted…Camp BestivalMy Profile

24. Sonya Cisco says:

Looks like brilliant fun! Betsy has even been considering a lazer tag party for her 18th, whereas I was imaging her choosing something more grown up!
    Sonya Cisco recently posted…Snooker Loopy And Other Dull Telly.My Profile

25. Kizzy says:

What a great idea, my little man turns 6 next month and would love
    Kizzy recently posted…Beautiful BlossomMy Profile

26. Awww now that satcap photo made a lot of sense =P

Fun day! Happy birthday =) #whatsthestory
    Merlinda (@pixiedusk) recently posted…InsecuritiesMy Profile

27. Looks like so much fun! A 6 year old’s dream party, surely (all bar getting forced to eat first of course 🙂 ) #MagicMoments
    Sam @ And then the fun began… recently posted…Three little duckiesMy Profile

28. This looks like a great fun place. A play area that converts into a spaceship – how cool is that?!
    mellissa williams recently posted…Top Gaming Gadgets And PeripheralsMy Profile