Mothers Day at the Seaside

Beach fun with the family

It probably didn’t escape your notice that it was Mother’s Day on Sunday.

The last few years we haven’t done anything special as hubby was always working, but this year he was home so I got to put my feet up – well as much as you can when you have small people to look after.

The kids spoiled me with cards and flowers and as it was a nice day we headed out to the beach.  The plan was to aim for Boscombe but Abbey reminded us it was Bournemouth Half Marathon, so we changed direction and headed for Branksome Chine instead.

mothers day cards

We could see the car park was heaving as we drove past so we headed for one of the local roads and walked down to the beach through the Chine.  It was a little muddy but beautiful all the same and Eliza was convinced that fairies lived there.  Who was I to argue?

Branksome Chine

Kian and Isaac did their best Lord of the Rings impressions as they raced along the path and over the bridges towards the beach.

Branksome Chine

We climbed the steps and there we found the beach.  Eliza and Isaac shot off to see what they could find.  Eliza concentrated on shells but Isaac wanted to collect water in his bucket.

Branksome Chine Beach

Meanwhile Kian and hubby decided a game of frisbee was in order whilst we waited for Abbey and her boyfriend Paul to arrive.

Frisbee on the beach

Eliza and Isaac could see what fun they were having and decided to join in, although their attempts at frisbee throwing mainly involved running with it and handing over, or just chucking it in the air!

Frisbee on the beach

Paul joined in too once they arrived and Abbey and I introduced Sebastian to the delights of the sand.  Although we have been to the beach with him many times before, it has been too cold for him to explore with no socks on.

Beach Baby

Sebastian loved feeling the sand between his toes, although didn’t seem too impressed when Abbey buried his feet. He was fascinated by the waves breaking on the shore, although the water was a little too cold for a proper paddle.

No trip to the beach would be complete with digging some big holes, building sandcastles and writing in the sand.

Branksome Beach

We had a lovely time and were all ready a nice roast dinner that hubby cooked once we were home.

The only thing that would have made it more perfect was if Callan was there too, but he was working.

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

35 thoughts on “Mothers Day at the Seaside

1. Perfect day!
    I miss the beach… maybe we will take a trip to the seaside during Easter break
    agatapokutycka recently posted…GORE-TEX – What is it and is it worth it?My Profile

2. Jaime Oliver says:

Kara what a really fantastic way to spend Mothers Day!!

thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments xx
    Jaime Oliver recently posted…Review: Gel Max Flavor Fusion MouthguardMy Profile

3. prashanth says:

What brilliant photographs…love the collages! It looks like the perfect Mothers Day spending quality time together.
    prashanth recently posted…10 Best Poems for Mother’s Day 2014My Profile

4. Sounds like a gorgeous day, and I love the way you compiled your pictures. It looks beautiful. And a roast too!
    Healthier Mummy recently posted…Why we need to play catch (and skip) with our kidsMy Profile

5. lori says:

Looks like a fab day! I think we need a beach visit super soon. x
    lori recently posted…CITY SKATE PARK ADVENTURESMy Profile

6. looks like you had a wonderful day! it was such great weather wasn’t it! x
    Fritha Strickland recently posted…Easiest ever diy cushionMy Profile

7. Michelle says:

What a gorgeous way to spend the day! Lovely photographs! x
    Michelle recently posted…[Pre-Trip Report] Home For Two Weeks [Dine Around Disney 2014]My Profile

8. what a lovely day. We went to the beach on saturday. It was such a lovely weekend
    Angela Spicer recently posted…How To Catch A StarMy Profile

9. what a lovely way to spend mothers day!
    laura redburn recently posted…some of my favourite broochesMy Profile

10. This looks like a perfect Mother’s Day to me. Those flowers are gorgeous!
    I think your daughter was right about the fairies too. That definitely looks like the sort of place they would live!
    Beautiful photos on the beach too
    #CountryKids
    BakedPotato Mummy recently posted…The Kiss – Swimming with DolphinsMy Profile

11. Kirsty says:

What a lovely way to spend Mother’s Day, I would love to be able to jump in the car and whizz off to the beach.
    Kirsty recently posted…Early Years Maths – Sorting and PatternsMy Profile

12. Louisa says:

It sounds like the perfect way to spend Mothers Day. I wish we lived near a beach 🙂
    Louisa recently posted…Pot noodle flower potsMy Profile

13. Looks like a really lovely family day, finished with a roast, perfect! x
    You Baby Me Mummy recently posted…Say cheese!My Profile

14. What a lovely day you had x x
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…Cooking with kids: Easy Rainbow Layer Cake….My Profile

15. jenny says:

Sounds like a lovely day out
    jenny recently posted…A delicious family meal at ASK ItalianMy Profile

16. Coombemill says:

Kara your outdoor posts are always a delight. What a perfect Mother’s Day this looks and no crowds on the beach so a wise decision I’m sure!
    Coombemill recently posted…Heartbreak & Happiness in LambingMy Profile

17. Pixee says:

Your photographs are beautiful, it looks like you had a lovely day!

Pixee @ The Glambulance xx

18. ninjacat says:

ooooh what a wonderful day you had
    ninjacat recently posted…Daffodils Waves I think of youMy Profile

19. oana79 says:

Oh, such a good idea to spend the day out in the fresh air! Much better than stuffing yourself over an overpriced and overcooked Mother’s day restaurant meal!
    oana79 recently posted…Our Easter Tree TraditionMy Profile

20. MW says:

Mothersday on the beach, it looks like you had a wonderful time. 🙂
    MW recently posted…Kids & AnimalsMy Profile

21. Perfect! I wish I lived near the beach. I do like the teapot card, what a great idea. Sebastian looks like he is so happy there in the sand 🙂
    SamFernley @happyhomebird recently posted…Creme Egg CakeMy Profile

22. I love the way you present your photos 🙂 Looks like you had a wonderful day 🙂
    Kate Thompson recently posted…Why I want my kids to fail.My Profile

23. Tasneem says:

Looks like great fun and what a wonderful way to spend Mother’s Day!! We love the beach too and since its already starting to get hot here in the middle east, we leave no chance of visiting it on a holiday. #whatsthestory?

24. Katie Albury says:

Katie x

25. Charly Dove says:

Oh wow this sounds like the best day Kara. Love the photos too, what an awesome place to have near you. Thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory
    Charly Dove recently posted…Fun at ClaremontMy Profile

26. Victoria says:

Sounds like a perfect Mother’s day with all family together
    Victoria recently posted…28 weeks appointment with a midwifeMy Profile

27. Emmys Mummy says:

What a wonderful way to spend mother’s day.
    It looks like you had so much fun
    Emmys Mummy recently posted…Kindness – Will you ‘Pay it forward?’My Profile

28. Mummy of Two says:

Sounds like the perfect Mother’s Day to me! Love those photos of Sebastian exploring the sand, so cute!
    Mummy of Two recently posted…Win a Deep Fat Fryer from WilkoMy Profile

29. Merlinda says:

Everything looks perfect! Belated Happy Mothers Day =) #magicmoments
    Merlinda recently posted…Wordless Wednesday – 2 April 2014My Profile

30. Monika says:

What a brilliant way to spend Mother’s Day?! You’ve captured the day so well in the photos.
    Monika recently posted…Spring camping and keeping warm overnight- trial and errorMy Profile

31. Ooh I’ll have to celebrate Mother’s Day on the beach one year! It sounds perfect.
    Nell@PigeonPairandMe.com recently posted…London Soup: Our Time of Gifts week 36My Profile

32. Merlinda says:

A busy day! Looks like so much fun! #whatsthestory
    Merlinda recently posted…My Energizer BunnyMy Profile

33. Nina says:

How lovely to spend the day at the beach.
    And it looks like the weather stayed pretty good!
    X
    Nina recently posted…Ordinary Adventures W/E 30.3.14My Profile

34. Mama Owl says:

Looks like it was a wonderful day 🙂
    Mama Owl recently posted…What E Wore – The Spring EditMy Profile

35. What better way to a spend a Mothers Day! Looks like you were spoilt too! #Magicmoments
    Mary @over40andamumtoone recently posted…Recognising lettersMy Profile