Dick vs Dom at Butlin’s

Dick vs Dom Butlins

When Butlin’s announced that Dick and Dom would be appearing on stage whilst we were on holiday at their Bognor site, the kids went into excitement over-drive!

We have seen them twice live at LolliBop and they always whip the crowd into a frenzy with their antics on stage.  The parents definitely enjoy the show as much as the children.

As we were staying on site we got the opportunity to see them at a hotel only show earlier in the day.  We had B-Line passes which enabled us to access the venue 15 minutes before everyone else and I am so glad we had them as people starting queuing over an hour before the venue even opened its doors.

Dick vs Dom Butlins

First on stage was the Referee and two cheerleaders who got the kids up and training for the big Dick vs Dom fight. Next was the opening trailer was hilarious and featured their training program (or lack of) before they came bounding on stage.

We tweeted them the above picture, saying we couldn’t wait to see them and they spotted us in the crowd and gave the kids a wave and a thumbs up which made their day.

There was some rather disgusting smoothy making action by some Dad’s, some paper bag escape action from a couple of brave mums, crowd surfing and some legal swearing in a song before a some custard pie action and a resounding sing along of Nellie the Elephant.

Dick vs Dom Butlins

The show was 45 minutes of fun and we were lucky enough that Dick & Dom came out and met some of their fans and signed their new book before heading back for a much needed rest.

Dick n Dom Butlins

Whilst waiting in the queue to meet Dick and Dom we asked how the kids were selected to go on stage and discovered the Red Coats enlisted the “volunteers” before the show.  I should have twigged as I was approached to be one of the mum volunteers before this show but kindly declined.

We thought having got to meet Dick and Dom that the kids wouldn’t be bothered about seeing the evening performance…..yeah right!

Kian and Isaac were desperate to go again and hoped to get chosen to go up on stage.

Again we queued early and got some fab seats before finding the Red Coat who was recruiting volunteers………. they were to go up to the stage at Round 5.  The show was identical to the earlier one, albeit with a slightly merrier audience who were determined to make the crowd surfing challenge more difficult.

Dick vs Dom Butlins

and then it was Kian and Isaac’s turn to go on stage.

Dick vs Dom Butlins

My heart wanted to burst with pride as they confidently spoke to Dick.  Kian helped his little brother when he forgot where we lived and then it was time to play Musical Splatues.  Think musical statues with a custard pie if you move when not supposed to.

Cue some very serious dancing…….

Dick vs Dom Butlins

Both boys got through the first round unscathed, but the nature of the game is that one was guaranteed to get picked next.

Isaac was picked and did brilliantly despite not moving a muscle.  Because he is small for his age all the audience were behind him and jeered willed Dick and Dom not to “pie” him.  They asked him the rules and then it happened…….

Dick vs Dom Butlins

Now it was Kian’s turn to win it for Dick’s team.

There was some serious dancing going on until the other boy slipped on the stage.

There was only one thing left to do……………………………………. FIGHT!

Dick vs Dom Butlins

It was hilarious.  Kian gave Dom a real run for his money (literally) and managed to avoid a pie for a while.  Isaac got two full face shots in which we are enormously proud of, although looking back at the footage both Dick and Dom stopped and bent down for him.

I am proud to say that Dick’s team won too.

It is an experience that both will remember for years to come and most definitely a magic moment!

36 thoughts on “Dick vs Dom at Butlin’s

1. Helen C says:

Great review and photos! They were very entertaining weren’t they? I still can’t quite believe I went up for the paper bag round (even if I did fail!) – it amused the kids anyway!
    Helen C recently posted…A Year in Photos – Week 22 (A Butlins Special!)My Profile

2. joanne says:

brilliant we are off to butlins on friday and i think i am more excited than the kids 🙂 🙂 🙂

3. Dick and Dom were definitely my highlight of the holiday
    Louise Perry Fairweather recently posted…Football Superstar Sticker Scene Review and GiveawayMy Profile

4. Looks like you had so much fun! Fab evening 😉
    Sylvia @ Happiness is homemade recently posted…Lemon & poppy seed muffins / Muffiny cytrynowo-makowe.My Profile

5. What an amazing experience!
    Looks like a lot of fun for the kids.
    agatapokutycka recently posted…DIY – Bathroom Makeover on a BudgetMy Profile

6. What an amazing experience and a great memory x x
    Cass@frugalfamily recently posted…Parenting Pin it Party #48….My Profile

7. Yay! So pleased that your kids got to go up on stage 😀
    Kate Williams recently posted…Things I want to make: Tuesday TutorialsMy Profile

8. Kizzy says:

Wow my kids would never go up on stage! Love that you two did!
    Kizzy recently posted…Blog taking over?My Profile

9. Oh it looks like you all had a fab time!! The boys look so pleased to be on stage and look really confident! Great memories 🙂 x
    Kirsty Hijacked By Twins recently posted…Easter Recipe – Hot Cross BunsMy Profile

10. Sarah Bailey says:

It sounds like an amazing show – I can’t believe Dick and Dom are still around I’m sure I used to watch them years ago – perhaps I’m getting mixed up though 🙂 x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…What Does Your Choice of Colour Say About You?My Profile

11. Kel says:

Looks like a whole host of fun! Brilliant photos, I think they really have captured the moment!
    Kel recently posted…What’s the Story?My Profile

12. Sonya Cisco says:

Haha brilliant!! I LOVE Dick and Dom, even more than I loved Trevor and Simon back in the days when I watched kids telly with a hangover rather than with children!! Bogies is a much loved game in our house! X
    Sonya Cisco recently posted…What do you want to be when you grow up?My Profile

13. Katie Albury says:

This is brilliant! I loved every minute of our caravan holidays and still remember the entertainment and how much fun we had getting involved- these moments make up the best and long lasting memories! X
    Katie Albury recently posted…Bonjour Genius…My Profile

14. Jenny says:

Wow this is fantastic. Your boys are so brave!!!! Everyone seems to be at Butlins at the moment. I need to jump on this blogger band wagon to butlins. Oh so jealous. Love all the photos. #magicmoments
    Jenny recently posted…Soft play area all to ourselvesMy Profile

15. Shell Louise says:

Brilliant! I don’t think my girls would have been brave enough to go onstage so very well done to your boys 🙂
    Shell Louise recently posted…How does your garden grow? April 14thMy Profile

16. My boys are green with envy. They adore Dick and Dom
    Jen aka The Mad House recently posted…The Mad House visits Chill FactoreMy Profile

17. Jaime Oliver says:

OMG this is amazing i love dick and dom! i am so keeping my fingers crossed for our trip! .. and will be buying b-line passes!

thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments
    Jaime Oliver recently posted…#52LittleThings Week 16 – Make a Bitesized Change This EasterMy Profile

18. Oh WOW! How exciting was that? My kids love Dick and Dom too 🙂
    Kate Thompson recently posted…MilestonesMy Profile

19. Looks like you had a great time x
    You Baby Me Mummy recently posted…Living Arrows / The 52 Project 15/52My Profile

20. Looks like they had a fantastic time! So cool they got on stage, something they will definitely remember 🙂
    Joanna (Halal Mama) recently posted…Halal Food Guide – AlcoholMy Profile

21. Dick and Dom are ace!! You guys are so lucky to have met them and that photo with them is amazing, haha! #whatsthestory
    Super Busy Mum {Debs} recently posted…Am I Bento baby barmy?My Profile

22. Notmyyearoff says:

Well done to your boys. They look like they’re having an absolutely fantastic time up there!! And it definitely looks like a really fun show too. It makes me want to go to Butlins even more!
    Notmyyearoff recently posted…Birthday Parties and Bouncy CastlesMy Profile

23. That sounds like such a fab experience, one they will remember! Brilliant 🙂 #WhatstheStory
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted…Me and: CakeMy Profile

24. Charly Dove says:

What a great post Kara, sounds like everyone had a lot of fun. You must have been so proud of the boys. It looks like a great laugh at Butlins, we’ve not been before but we’re there for a weekend at the end of April. Look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip and thanks for sharing #whatsthestory
    Charly Dove recently posted…Spring at Alice Holt ForestMy Profile

25. Karen Marquick says:

We’ve paid to go at Christmas….Minehead though as I found Bognor so squashed since they added the Wave Hotel. Looking forward to seeing the Xmas entertainment line up.

26. Sounds like it was a lot of exciting fun! Definitely cool to get to join them on stage even if you get a pie in your face 🙂
    brinabird and son recently posted…The First Tree ClimbMy Profile

27. What a fantastic experience for them. Dick and Dom are brilliant – just so funny.

#MagicMoments
    fashion-mommy recently posted…Queens of CoachellaMy Profile

28. Looks like they are fun! #whatsthestory
    Merlinda (@pixiedusk) recently posted…Mother and SonMy Profile

29. afra says:

Fab post – we are going (our first Butlins trip ever) in May and looking forward to it so much. Keep seeing it is vital to have these passes to avoid queues – def need to count pennies and look into it! Popping over from #magicmoments
    afra recently posted…That’s not a picnic – this is a picnic!My Profile

30. Coombemill says:

It looks like you had a wonderful time
    Coombemill recently posted…But Lambs Can’t Swim!My Profile

31. What a fabulous experience! Even the photos look brilliant. The boys (and you) will remember it forever!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Schools’ rugby tournamentMy Profile