The Gallery – Swimming

turtle tots

There is one skill I insist my children learn – the ability to swim.

Not only is it a fantastic source of exercise and good for their health, but I feel it is especially important as we live by the coast.

My younger three all look forward to swimming lessons and I wouldn’t be surprised if one or all of them took up the sport competitively in the future.  For now though, it is all about the fun!

Swimming lessons have changed significantly since my eldest learned to swim and now you can even get pictures of them swimming underwater.  We had this done with Sebastian last week and I cannot wait to see them but in the meantime, we have some fabulous pictures from above which hubby took.

Turtle Tots

Turtle Tots

turtle tots underwater shoot 23rd march 2014 019

You can read all about our underwater adventure here.

Sticky Fingers Photo Gallery

10 thoughts on “The Gallery – Swimming

1. Swimming lessons are the only activity I have insisted my children do. I let them stop when they could swim a few lengths. It’s just an essential skill for everyone.

2. HelpfulMum says:

Wow, what lovely pictures. We have an amazing one of the boy at that age!

3. I love your swimming pics with him 🙂 We’re doing water nippers with C and it is fab, as we had nothing like that when L was little, in France.
    #TheGallery

4. Jaime Oliver says:

oh wow honey those are amazing photots!! i would of loved to do more with Joshua in the water x

5. jenny paulin says:

awwww what gorgeous photos and he looks so at ease in the water which is brilliant
    we took both boys from the age of 6 months and they are like fish!! x

6. Brilliant pictures underwater! Mine both hated swimming as babies but they love it now. Of course they’d much rather go swimming with me and just faff about in the shallow end!

7. LauraCYMFT says:

I agree completely; swimming is such an important life skill. We used to take the kids ourselves and when we felt they couldn’t learn anymore from us, we enrolled them for swimming lessons. It’s amazing to see them having such confidence in the water.

8. Such lovely photos 🙂 All of my kids have done swimming lessons. I insist on it too, but it’s been a long haul!

9. Charly Dove says:

Oh wow Kara that’s just adorable seeing little Sebastian in the water. How great they’re all swimming though, that’s brilliant. We did Aquatots with POD when she was a baby then me breaking my wrist (long story!!) meant we ended up stopping for a year. Such a shame she was like a little fish then. Now we’re easing her in gently before we start lessons!

10. Emma T says:

Oh cute pics. I’m also insisting on swimming lessons for N. We love them (although did go through a year of hell), but now he loves swimming. Hopefully in the next 6 months he’ll be able to swim a width on his own…he’s quite lazy though, so it’ll be debatable.

Have very few pictures though because noone ever comes with us to take photos. Must get someone along to do so given we need them for my blog posts!