I loved reading MummyCentral’s Shovel List, which was originally inspired by DorkyMum’s Shovel List, so much so that I felt the urge to join in!
Firstly, a Shovel List is basically a group of people that you would like to hit in the face with a shovel. The idea came from the Marian Keyes book The Mystery of Mercy Close, in which the main character has her own shovel list.
|Photo courtesy of MummyCentral |
Now I am not normally a violent type but there are a certain few that I’d love to metaphorically hit in the face with a shovel!
1. Whoever invented those terrible call in a queue systems and every company that uses the blasted things!
On Tuesday, I made a call to Baumatic whom I bought my integrated dishwasher from a couple of years ago as the door panel has fallen off and I need some new fixings. The phone rang a couple of times and then clicked in to an automated advert – fair enough, but when the advert had finished I was met with an annoying female voice stating “Your call is in a queue, we will be with you as soon as possible” – FOR 25 MINUTES! Not only that, but having waited that long, they then hung up on me – TWICE – meaning I had to go through it all again before I actually got to speak to someone!
2. Whoever devised the hospital appointment booking system!
I know I am not alone in this, as I see tweets all the time. On Wednesday, I had to go into hospital for a Glucose Tolerance Test which means I am sat around waiting for just over 2 hours. I was also booked in for a scan later on that day, but they refused to move the two appointments to fit together, so I ended up finishing one, making a 30 minute journey home, only to turn back around and go back less than an hour later. I also got the added cheek of TWO parking charges for the pleasure!
3. Drivers who think they own the road
You know the type……….
- the one who speeds up behind you flashing their lights so you move out the way, just to get one place ahead
- the one that speeds down the inside / outside lane instead of queuing patiently
- the one that refuses to let you out and stops directly in front of the junction you’re trying to get out of
- the one that cuts you up, for no apparent reason
4. Toys that require the teeniest tiniest screwdriver to open the battery compartment!
- you can’t find a screwdriver small enough
- it has the wrong head
- you drop the tiny screw and spend the next hour looking for it
- you realise you don’t have the correct size batteries
5. Rafael Benitez
I have been a Chelsea fan for years and have seen good and not so good managers come and go, but what on earth were the Chelsea board thinking when they took this joker on board. I thought maybe they knew better and gave him a chance, but he is truly shocking and I can’t wait for him to go, especially after his Liverpool comments last week!
I am sure that I could go on, and on, and on but 5 points is quite enough for now.
Check out Dorky Mum and MummyCentral’s post (links above), and come up with your own list – it is quite therapeutic!