I loved reading MummyCentral’s Shovel List, which was originally inspired by DorkyMum’s Shovel List, so much so that I felt the urge to join in!
Firstly, a Shovel List is basically a group of people that you would like to hit in the face with a shovel. The idea came from the Marian Keyes book The Mystery of Mercy Close, in which the main character has her own shovel list.
|Photo courtesy of MummyCentral|
Now I am not normally a violent type but there are a certain few that I’d love to metaphorically hit in the face with a shovel!
1. Whoever invented those terrible call in a queue systems and every company that uses the blasted things!
2. Whoever devised the hospital appointment booking system!
I know I am not alone in this, as I see tweets all the time. On Wednesday, I had to go into hospital for a Glucose Tolerance Test which means I am sat around waiting for just over 2 hours. I was also booked in for a scan later on that day, but they refused to move the two appointments to fit together, so I ended up finishing one, making a 30 minute journey home, only to turn back around and go back less than an hour later. I also got the added cheek of TWO parking charges for the pleasure!
3. Drivers who think they own the road
You know the type……….
- the one who speeds up behind you flashing their lights so you move out the way, just to get one place ahead
- the one that speeds down the inside / outside lane instead of queuing patiently
- the one that refuses to let you out and stops directly in front of the junction you’re trying to get out of
- the one that cuts you up, for no apparent reason
- you can’t find a screwdriver small enough
- it has the wrong head
- you drop the tiny screw and spend the next hour looking for it
- you realise you don’t have the correct size batteries